What happened to the full length mirrors??

SammySH

We just got off the Sunshine with a group of 14. None of us had a full length mirror in our cabin! We are used to a full length mirror inside one of the closet doors but there weren't any at least in any of our cabins on level 2. We've been cruising for over 20 years and have seen a lot of cutbacks over the years. It's sad to see things change and I am not one who usually complains but every time we cruise we notice more and more cutbacks. Also, no more chocolates on our pillows.

Although the changes may be small every year, what will cruising be like in 10 years from now?!

We just got off the Sunshine with a group of 14. None of us had a full length mirror in our cabin! We are used to a full length mirror inside one of the closet doors but there weren't any at least in any of our cabins on level 2. We've been cruising for over 20 years and have seen a lot of cutbacks over the years. It's sad to see things change and I am not one who usually complains but every time we cruise we notice more and more cutbacks. Also, no more chocolates on our pillows.

Although the changes may be small every year, what will cruising be like in 10 years from now?!

Seriously? They're taking away the mirrors now?!:eek::mad: This is not something I can 'DIY', like bringing my own tea bags and mattress topper. I sure hope this is a fluke or something. Or is it just another crappy float in the never-ending parade of Carnival Cutbacks...

Who said anything about replacing them with smaller mirrors?:confused:

The Carnival Sunshine isn't a new ship so either it never had full length mirrors or they replaced them all with smaller ones. If it never had full length mirrors I could see how it might be a cut back but the Sunshine was launched in '95 I was under the impression all the Carnival cutbacks is a new thing...

Interesting what is important for people. I couldn't tell you if there has been a full length mirror in any cruise I've been on.

You're right, different things matter to different people. I, like the OP, can say with certainy that there has been at least one full-length mirror in every cabin in which I have sailed, on every cruiseline.

And it does make a difference to me. I dress for dinner. I want to take in my full appearance before stepping out for the night.

The Carnival Sunshine isn't a new ship so either it never had full length mirrors or they replaced them all with smaller ones. If it never had full length mirrors I could see how it might be a cut back but the Sunshine was launched in '95 I was under the impression all the Carnival cutbacks is a new thing...

Read the OP again. There was absolutely no mention of there being a smaller mirror in the closets. Just no full-length mirrors at all.

Maybe Carnival will add full length mirrors to the Carnival Cabin Comfort Menu and when you tick the box for a mirror the steward will prop one up against a wall in the cabin for our use during our cruise vacation.

At this point, it wouldn't surprise me.:rolleyes:

Read the OP again. There was absolutely no mention of there being a smaller mirror in the closets. Just no full-length mirrors at all.

I wasn't refereing to the OP but to your subsequent post that mentioned small mirrors potentially being a cut back

They don't want you to see how much weight you gained.

Not all ships have them. Apparently the Destiny did not and they were not added when she became the Sunshine. I can't remember which classes have them and which ones don't.

Oh, thanks for that info.:) That clears things up. I guess I'll add that to my mental list of reasons not to cruise on Sunshine.

This used to be true but now Carnival doesn't want us to see how much weight we've lost because now we only pick at the blah food served in the MDR.

Carnival is just doing cruisers a favor, keeping them healthier.

But for those who don't have good range of motion in the neck area, I can see why a full mirror is important.

For the record, I never said anything about the full-length mirrors being replaced with smaller mirrors.

I said this:

"Seriously? They're taking away the mirrors now?! This is not something I can 'DIY', like bringing my own tea bags and mattress topper. I sure hope this is a fluke or something. Or is it just another crappy float in the never-ending parade of Carnival Cutbacks..."

No mention of small mirrors at all.

Edited by ShakyBeef