Crystal Serenity at Athol Buoy in Sydney - 16-17 February 2016

We are onboard Crystal Serenity heading down the NSW coast in smooth seas heading to Sydney - we will take on the pilot at 4.30am on the 16th and head into the harbour

Crystal Serenity is on its 2016 World Cruise from San Francisco to San Francisco with a Pacific rim cruise - we have been on the first segment over the last 23 days and have had a fabulous time

Guests will be ferried to Dawes Point and for those disembarking on Wednesday - and those joining for the next leg to Bali it will be a visit to White Bsy for formalities and a ferry to Crystal Serenity - we've already done our immigration clearance onboard

We've explained to other guests that being moored will afford a great view of Sydney - and that due to Sydney's popularity these days not everyone can dock at the OPT

There are approx 350 World Cruisers on board and a further 500 or so guests - so if you see them in Sydney over the next couple of days says hi

For those who might be interested in learning more about life on a Crystal cruise I've been updating a thread on our voyage over the last month @ http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=49092185&posted=1#post49092185

Edited by Bodogbodog

It's around past the Park Hyatt hotel - basically near the bridge pylon (so not near the Opera House) - it's about 5 minutes walk from the OPT

I should add we are enjoying being moored at the buoy - the view and the atmosphere is really great and Crystal have small ferry craft going back and forth continually - the last tender back to the ship tonight is at 2am - I won't be on that one!

Edited by Bodogbodog

It's around past the Park Hyatt hotel - basically near the bridge pylon (so not near the Opera House) - it's about 5 minutes walk from the OPT

I should add we are enjoying being moored at the buoy - the view and the atmosphere is really great and Crystal have small ferry craft going back and forth continually - the last tender back to the ship tonight is at 2am - I won't be on that one!

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought it may have been near the bridge but wasn't sure. Great to hear you are having a nice time.:D

Debarkation ferries to White Bay start at 5am tomorrow - of course we are taking the latest option at 9.30am so we get to savour every last minute of our time onboard Crystal Serenity

The guys are currently collecting bags from outside rooms to transfer to White Bay

They will be embarking approx 500-600 new passengers tomorrow

Debarkation ferries to White Bay start at 5am tomorrow - of course we are taking the latest option at 9.30am so we get to savour every last minute of our time onboard Crystal Serenity

The guys are currently collecting bags from outside rooms to transfer to White Bay

They will be embarking approx 500-600 new passengers tomorrow

Good plan to make it last. :D

I am surprised they are ferrying the bags as well, I hope none of them go in the drink.:eek:

Good plan to make it last. :D

I am surprised they are ferrying the bags as well, I hope none of them go in the drink.:eek:

Given the weight of some of our bags they would sink straight to the bottom!

They're using Fantasea cruises to provide the transfers so the ferries are not the usual lifeboat tenders - but still the transfer at the tender dock and the stairs to it would not be a lot of fun

First ferry has just disembarked at the cruise terminal and pax are on the way to buses, limo's etc. New crew also just checking in.

Very strange to see an empty wharf at the terminal but with "Artania" berthed at the 2nd spot.

Yes, it seems a strange way of debarking/embarking.

First ferry has just disembarked at the cruise terminal and pax are on the way to buses, limo's etc. New crew also just checking in.

Very strange to see an empty wharf at the terminal but with "Artania" berthed at the 2nd spot.

Meant to say that Artania is the old Royal Princess christened by Princess Diana. Now owned by Phoenix and predominantly German passengers.

from Artanias bridge cam

20a7z8h.jpg