Coco Cay Cabanas

• 2 weeks later...

Concierge wrote me today saying he'd reserved cabana 1 for us, after reading some of the threads on here it sounds like I maybe better with 3 or 4? Which one is closest to the bar?

Concierge wrote me today saying he'd reserved cabana 1 for us, after reading some of the threads on here it sounds like I maybe better with 3 or 4? Which one is closest to the bar?

4 as I recall. We didn't stop yesterday, so I'm up $250

The bar is basically right inside the entrance to the cabana area. And next after that is the lunch area. There are a few cabanas in front of both so I'm guessing the lower numbers are all the closest. But it's not like any of them would be that far. It's not like Labadee that way.

You walk in. Go 15 feet and you're at the bar. Walk another 15 feet and you're at the eating area.

Edited by MattInFLL

The bar is basically right inside the entrance to the cabana area. And next after that is the lunch area. There are a few cabanas in front of both so I'm guessing the lower numbers are all the closest. But it's not like any of them would be that far. It's not like Labadee that way.

You walk in. Go 15 feet and you're at the bar. Walk another 15 feet and you're at the eating area.

Agreed, we were in #10 and it was a 40 second max walk to the bar!

• 11 months later...

Updating this for last week's Celebrity cruise.

LOVED IT! We had cabana 2, which was right next to the open beach and was water front. We picked this location from the map at the excursion desk. A rope separated the areas, it was an easy step over the rope to get to the swimmable beach, and not even a two minute walk to the water. Many people came by the other side of the rope for photos, so if privacy is a concern, you might want to book another location. The traffic did not bother us. What did bother me was the continuous snorkeling store announcement from a PA that was on a loop - heard it all day and it drove me nuts. The nice thing about this location was we used the cabana to block the wind - there were several places to sit with water views and we moved around the extra chairs to suit us. There was a small cooler without a top filled with six Evian bottles and we were told we could pick up floats and snorkeling equipment without additional charge.

I was with my 89 year old mom, so this report is from that perspective.

There is no shuttle available to this area, but it is an easy walk from the tender area. I initially asked for a ride for my mom, but it wasn't necessary. There was a golf cart waiting to take people to other areas, but they did not want to give my mom the very short ride. Weird since he was sitting there empty.

The lunch was better than recent lunches in Labadee. Many items were cooked to order. The burgers were extremely thick and cooked to order - there are onions in the meat. Plenty of choices. There is a private bar, but it was not well-stocked at all, and lacked even the most common drinks, perhaps because not all of the cabanas has been rented. No cabana guy like in Labadee, but the woman running the door asked us if we wanted drinks a couple of times so we tipped her.

There was a very small but clean restroom inside the gated area.

I had originally booked a new bungalow, but the excursion desk suggested that I move to this for my mom - unlike the bungalows, this was not first come, first served on location. For the small increase in price this was a winner for us.

Since we were in a suite and originally booked in the bungalow I asked if we could eat the upgraded lunch without booking a cabana (like in Labadee) and was told yes. Unlike Labadee, there are no chairs to use without a cabana rental.

I am in a suite and already told my "genie" to book the cabana. Now I have concerns that I won't be able to watch my 12 year old twins from the comfort of the cabana - what are your thoughts? Should I switch and get a bungalow?

You won't be able to see them in the water from the cabana. On the day I visited the swimmable area near the cabanas was devoid of waves and relatively shallow (a protected cove) - will they even be interested in that? If you switch to a bungalow tell your genie you want to eat lunch here.

Anyway, does anyone know if they now assign them in advance like they do in Barefoot Beach?

Are there cabanas in Barefoot Beach, too? It doesn't show Barefoot on the map. I'm looking for a good place to be able to see our kids playing in the water- they will be 8 and 10.

I am in a suite and already told my "genie" to book the cabana. Now I have concerns that I won't be able to watch my 12 year old twins from the comfort of the cabana - what are your thoughts? Should I switch and get a bungalow?

There was water access in front of the Cabana club when we were in #1, this is how far away it was. I don't swim so I didn't go in and I don't know what it's like.

1236144_10202097103690489_1557087851_n.jpg?oh=21f1f0d6b3e2de878ec1cf28a01dcd62&oe=596CBA6D

There is a recent map (2017) from Royal caribbean Website http://media.royalcaribbean.com/cont...y-2017-map.pdf

I can't see the other map, so I'm sorry if it's the same ;)

They changed the name of the cabana club to Seaside point cabanas, I wonder if they are making more changes with the cabanas soon?

You can still take your swim mats to the water, it's just a longer walk.

Cabanas are at #31, nearest beach is Snorkel Beach.

2-6-20143-24-29PM.jpg

I was looking at this map and I see two areas for the tenders. What is the difference? Where do you get dropped off when you come in from the ship? Thanks.

Does anyone know how many people can eat from the lunch buffet if we reserve the Cabana? My husband and I will have our two kids (ages 8 & 11) with us, but my parents are also coming as a surprise to the kids. Would all 6 of us be able to eat from the buffet? (Note, there are 3 separate rooms for the 6 of us).

*First cruise 😀

Does anyone know how many people can eat from the lunch buffet if we reserve the Cabana? My husband and I will have our two kids (ages 8 & 11) with us, but my parents are also coming as a surprise to the kids. Would all 6 of us be able to eat from the buffet? (Note, there are 3 separate rooms for the 6 of us).

*First cruise 😀

You are good, 6 is the limit.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app