Car Parking - drop off time

Babs02

Looking at booking car parking for our cruise, but most companies ask what time we will drop the car off.

As P & O operate boarding times, which we won't know for a while and there are no times of when the ship leaves port, what time should I book the car park for?

Thought 12 noon but with meet and greet this needs to be more precise.

Was hoping to book early to get better rates.

CPS seems to open about noon and you just join a queue which you soon get to the front. They never ask what time we are coming. Some operators park wrong side of water and mini bus people round while others seem to meet people and take their cars away. Hotel Stay and parking will avoid all this type of dilemma. A likely P&O boarding time will be 13.30 onwards unless you are on high tier or in a suite.

Regards John

We have used parking for cruises in the past. Were just told to ring the given number about 1/2 hour before arrival at the short stay car park (which is where you hand over).

If the one you are using requires a more definite time I would go for 2-3, unless you are in a suite or high tier loyalty. This will be a good guess.

Personally I would go for parking 4 cruises, who did not require a set time.

We also use Parking4Cruises. I put 13 TBA on my booking and it didn't matter. I tried ringing them on the way in, but it was just a recorded message. When I got there, it was all fine. They are also cheaper than a lot of others.

Edited by jeanlyon

Think we used CPS the P and O car parking. They may be a bit more expensive but the service is superb. Just roll up near your boarding time, short queue, photograph the car and remove all the bags and the next time you see them is in the cabin. On departure there is a short walk across to the carpark. My other half has been very impressed. A very slick operation.