Tea & Coffee

minikiss

Hi Guys

Hoping someone to give me an idea what the free tea & Coffee is like on Carnival in general.

Normally sail Princess and always buy a coffee card for the special coffee's for Hubby and I have the special tea from it.

Hubby will drink most coffee but does like a mocha or Latte when on holiday. I'm assuming carnival don't have a similar sort of card so he will just have to pay for them as he fancies.

Me I drink tea - can anyone tell me what sort of tea bags they use? I HATE Liptons, horrible stuff. Will I be able to order a better brand from the coffee bar, or do I need to pack my own?

Also like a fruit tea at breakfast, will I need to bring those to?

last question can we get a "Free" hot chocolate on board? Just wondering as can get with the "Princess coffee card" and while on the Indy I know we could get one from Windjammers.

thanks for any replies,

The free coffee is pretty bad, imo. I don't drink much tea, but it seems to me they had other brands besides Lipton. They also have tea time around 3:30 on sea days. Look for it in your dailies. I don't know of an unlimited coffee card you can buy. They used to give you a punch card and after so many coffees, you got a free one, but I didn't get one my last few cruises, so not sure if they're still doing that.

You can buy a card from the specialty coffee shop. Carnival has just changed the tea policy. Regular (Lipton) tea bags are still available for free, but other varieties and brands are at a nominal cost (less than $2.00, I believe). The hot chocolate available at the Lido beverage stations is quite good, and free. I, personally, don't mind the free coffee. Others on CC vehemently disagree, however.

You can buy a card from the specialty coffee shop. Carnival has just changed the tea policy. Regular (Lipton) tea bags are still available for free, but other varieties and brands are at a nominal cost (less than $2.00, I believe). The hot chocolate available at the Lido beverage stations is quite good, and free. I, personally, don't mind the free coffee. Others on CC vehemently disagree, however.

We agree with the free coffee being fine. We had it every morning and had no problem with it.

As to the teas - I'm sure there are folks that don't really care for Lipton teas (I make only Luzianne at home) but frankly, once you put sugar and/or cream and/or lemon in IMHO the actual taste of the tea is quite covered up :D

Just off of the Glory and it was the worst coffee I have ever had on any Carnival ship...very strong. I could not drink it.

Carnival only has Lipton and Lipton Decaf and Green tea free. Other teas are available for $1.95 a cup.

I was very disappointed that Carnival just changed this when they use to have several varieties of tea for free. I will carry my own tea from now own.

Tea is Lipton bags. Definitely black tea and decaf are freebies, not sure about Lipton Green, if available.

Coffee on the Lido, in the MDR and Steakhouse and at the specialty coffee bar is Lavazza. The difference is brewing methods. Big urns with preset water dispensing on the Lido and MDR. Espresso brew in Steakhouse and at coffee bar. If you ask for a regular cup of coffee in either of the latter two, they essentially make an Americano by adding hot water to the espresso brew.

If the coffee on the Lido or in the MDR is too strong, simply add hot water.