Questions JS on Anthem of the Seas

Good morning! I have a quick question. Hubby and I just paid to upgrade from a D4 cabin to a JS guarantee and was assigned cabin #9232 (Junior Suite). WE were hoping to get a FJS and were glad we didn't get assigned a SJS but didn't realize there were regular JS on the ship as well. This cabin appears to be on a corner and we have never had a corner cabin. It appears that the balcony is larger which is nice because my husband is a scuba diver and likes to dry out all of his gear on the balcony? What are the pros and cons of this particular type of JS? Are there any obstructions? Should we just bite the bullet and pay $300 more to be in a FJS? Thank you!

Good morning! I have a quick question. Hubby and I just paid to upgrade from a D4 cabin to a JS guarantee and was assigned cabin #9232 (Junior Suite). WE were hoping to get a FJS and were glad we didn't get assigned a SJS but didn't realize there were regular JS on the ship as well. This cabin appears to be on a corner and we have never had a corner cabin. It appears that the balcony is larger which is nice because my husband is a scuba diver and likes to dry out all of his gear on the balcony? What are the pros and cons of this particular type of JS? Are there any obstructions? Should we just bite the bullet and pay $300 more to be in a FJS? Thank you!

Here is the link to Deck 9 on Anthem http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=09&shipCode=AN&shipProfile=1648&sailDate=1160221&hasNavigation=false

You will notice that 9232 is included in the yellow square. It is part of the Family connected JS. This is not a regular JS but a combination of 3 cabins each with their own entry.

floor-plan-family-connected-junior-suite-quantum-anthem-seas.jpg

Edited by cruisenfever

So, what does that mean? Should I change cabins? Very strange set-up!

That decision is entirely up to you. It's not a strange set up, but one that is unique to Quantum class. That's why it is called a Family connected JS so that mom and dad can have privacy and be away from other family members.

I guess I am confused. WE were assigned cabin 9232 which is a regular JS. The picture shows two bedrooms. Is the picture of cabin 9232 or a FJS?

If you look at the link for Deck 9, in my post above, you will see what the cabin numbers are. You were assigned one cabin that is included in the Family Connecting Junior Suite layout.

9232, the cabin you were assinged, is the larger JS;

9228 is the first cabin on your right

9230 is the cabin on your left

On the deck plans, all three cabins are enclosed in a yellow box that is why it is called a Family Connecting Junior Suite. There is one common hallway off the main hallway that gives access to each cabin and each cabin has its own entry.

Edited by cruisenfever

Oh ok. Now I understand. This is a very strange layout but it would be great If we had other people in our party in different staterooms. I guess it isn't as bad as I thought and we have a huge balcony which is a plus for husband. Thank you for your help!

Oh ok. Now I understand. This is a very strange layout but it would be great If we had other people in our party in different staterooms. I guess it isn't as bad as I thought and we have a huge balcony which is a plus for husband. Thank you for your help!

You're welcome. It does have a nice balcony and hopefully you'll have nice neighbors.:)

Edited by cruisenfever

What week are you sailing? By the way the Spa Junior Suites are awesome.....K.O.:)

We just sailed in JS cabin 8232 which is the same cabin with the same features just one deck below your cabin. We loved the cabin! Plenty of space inside to move around and the balcony is huge and offers a perfect view looking forward. 2 nice loungers on the deck. Being up one deck higher then our cabin, it will offer an even better view. The only complaint is the TV is mounted on the wall where your door goes out to your balcony. So when your in bed you do not have a perfect view of the TV. It does swing out which does allow you a view but the view is like a 45 to 60 degree angle. You can also swing the TV out the other direction so if your sitting on the sofa, you have a view also. Other then that, to room is perfect and we would book it again. Your entrance to the room is a bit funny, you do enter a doorway from the hall that leads you into a small short corridor, where you have one door to your left which leads to a small inside cabin and a door to your right that would take you into the balcony cabin. If all of these rooms are booked by one family, then you would only have to use the one main door in the hallway and the other doors could be left open which would allow you to enter the corridor and go into all 3 rooms but since your booked in the Jr suite, the other 2 doors will be closed and your door will be straight ahead. No problem at all with noise from the other 2 cabins.

• Like 1

In the configuration above, can you book the JS and inside cabin together, or do you have to book all 3 cabins? Would the costing be for the JCS and which inside pricing?

Additionally if there are 2 balcony cabins with an orange outline, are they any different from 2 balcony cabins (think it was D7) that have the connecting arrows between them but no outline? Just trying to work out the difference? Thanks in advance.

Edited by villauk

I totally agree. We had the great pleasure of sailing in one on the Anthem TA this fall. Absoutely loved it.

Turtles,

Were both of the cabins in the 'connecting' vestibule occupied? Was there an additional door for the balcony cabin from the hallway? Thanks :).

In the configuration above, can you book the JS and inside cabin together, or do you have to book all 3 cabins? Would the costing be for the JCS and which inside pricing?

Additionally if there are 2 balcony cabins with an orange outline, are they any different from 2 balcony cabins (think it was D7) that have the connecting arrows between them but no outline? Just trying to work out the difference? Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can book just the JS and inside as the balcony cabin does have a separate door directly out to the public corridor in addition to the door into the small internal hallway shared by the three units. You can see the two doorways in the floor plan above. I suspect if the balcony cabin is booked separately from the other two cabins, the JS and inside, the door to the short internal hallway would likely be locked in a way as to not allow access from the balcony. Also the passage door in the balcony separator would be closed and locked if the balcony cabin was separately booked.

I was also wondering about the two connecting balcony cabins within a orange outline and I will be checking that out as we have one of those units near our balcony on our March 7th Anthem cruise. It may be that these balcony cabins have a passage door in the balcony panel separating their two balconies.

Edited by robtulipe

Turtles,

Were both of the cabins in the 'connecting' vestibule occupied? Was there an additional door for the balcony cabin from the hallway? Thanks :).

My comment was about a Spa JS (replying to another comment about it), not the family connected. Sorry.

I will add again that the Spa JS was just wonderful. And none of that weird vesitibule arrangement. Just its own stateroom. :)

Spa%20Jr%20Suite%20for%20cal%201024x683_zpsbiiefgd0.jpg

(photo by turtles06)

Yes, you can book just the JS and inside as the balcony cabin does have a separate door directly out to the public corridor in addition to the door into the small internal hallway shared by the three units. You can see the two doorways in the floor plan above. I suspect if the balcony cabin is booked separately from the other two cabins, the JS and inside, the door to the short internal hallway would likely be locked in a way as to not allow access from the balcony. Also the passage door in the balcony separator would be closed and locked if the balcony cabin was separately booked.

I was also wondering about the two connecting balcony cabins within a orange outline and I will be checking that out as we have one of those units near our balcony on our March 7th Anthem cruise. It may be that these balcony cabins have a passage door in the balcony panel separating their two balconies.

Thanks for replying and all the info :). Would welcome your feedback after your March sailing as to why those outlined balconies are detailed differently? I'm wanting to book for next year when the itineraries are released, but am unsure which way to go when booking an additional room for our teens. I think all the different choices on the new ships has made it even more confusing, especially all the coloured outlines around certain cabins while others show the connecting arrows :confused:. I'm sure there must be some difference otherwise why categorise them separately :confused:?

Thanks Turtles for the posting the photo :).

Thanks for replying and all the info :). Would welcome your feedback after your March sailing as to why those outlined balconies are detailed differently? I'm wanting to book for next year when the itineraries are released, but am unsure which way to go when booking an additional room for our teens. I think all the different choices on the new ships has made it even more confusing, especially all the coloured outlines around certain cabins while others show the connecting arrows :confused:. I'm sure there must be some difference otherwise why categorise them separately :confused:?

A travel agent may be able to help with the booking.

Hi, since we're talking about Jr Suites can I ask for clarification on some things? I called RCI but the guy I got didn't seem all that knowledgeable. I know JS doesn't have concierge. They do get a suite attendant, coffee/tea, robes., they can book Coastal kitchen for dinner. What isn't clear is do they get WOW bands on Anthem? Any other perks?

Thanks in advance .

Hi, since we're talking about Jr Suites can I ask for clarification on some things? I called RCI but the guy I got didn't seem all that knowledgeable. I know JS doesn't have concierge. They do get a suite attendant, coffee/tea, robes., they can book Coastal kitchen for dinner. What isn't clear is do they get WOW bands on Anthem? Any other perks?

Thanks in advance .

JS Perks:

Bathtub, walk-in closet (all but Vision class, Majesty, and Empress), dinner at Coastal Kitchen (Quantum and Oasis class only), priority check-in and boarding, tea kettle, coffee maker, bathroom amenities, robes, double C&A points, and a silver Seapass card.

No suite attendant, gratuities are the same as inside, OV, etc. No idea about WOW bands.

Edited by clarea

Thanks in advance .

A JS will have a cabin attendant, just like Grand Suites and above. WOW bands are available at Guest Services and are not complimentary.