need hotel help

MooNGaTe27

We met people on our recent cruise that were at the Comfort Inn and they weren't thrilled, but it wasn't awful either.

Enjoy your stay. We love sailing out of Canaveral.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and found it to be more than adequate. It was clean and comfortable. The only issue was the long check in and check out - the front staff are so friendly and helpful that it takes them forever to check people in and out! The breakfast room, although the biggest I have ever seen in a motel, was packed but they had hot offerings, DIY waffles, etc. Love the area - right in the middle of Cocoa Beach, we could walk to the pier, stores, and restaurants all within a sort walk, Walgreens across the road. We didn't use their shuttle as we didn't book the cruise package but instead called Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

We stayed at the Comfort Inn and found it to be more than adequate. It was clean and comfortable. The only issue was the long check in and check out - the front staff are so friendly and helpful that it takes them forever to check people in and out! The breakfast room, although the biggest I have ever seen in a motel, was packed but they had hot offerings, DIY waffles, etc. Love the area - right in the middle of Cocoa Beach, we could walk to the pier, stores, and restaurants all within a sort walk, Walgreens across the road. We didn't use their shuttle as we didn't book the cruise package but instead called Cocoa Beach Shuttle.

Good to know that it is an option if we sail out of Canaveral again. I'm not sure what their complaints were, they just mentioned their unhappiness. Everyone has different expectations and maybe they were expecting a Waldorf Astoria or something. ;)

Sorry.Need info for a cruise out of port canaveral.Looking at hotels for the cocoa beach area.I found a site that list 20 hotels that offer a parking voucher program.You stay at the hotel 1 night & at check out they give you a voucher so you can get 40% off if you park at the port Wanted to get some input if someone used for either the Bestwestern Ocean beach or Comfort Inn & Suites.Also what they thought of the hotels

We used comfort inn & suites for our last three cruises and plan on staying again in January . Park n Cruise.

We have stayed at LaQuinta Inn twice in the last year. Most recently in Sept of 2015. We used the parking voucher both times and I am sold on it. The hotel is perfectly fine for an overnight stay. Nothing fancy, but the rooms were clean and the breakfast was fine.

You will get the voucher upon checkout.

Present the voucher to the parking attendant at the port and he will input the discount. Very simple process and well worth it. I'm not a fan of the shuttles, particularly after the cruise. So much easier to load luggage and hit the road.

Hope this was helpful. Enjoy your cruise.

Hank

We actually were also looking at the LaQuinta for the same thing (40% off port parking). Can you tell me what the breakfast offers?

Others please note, this is regarding discounted parking at the port if you stay at a specific hotel. This is not about hotels with shuttles to the port. I agree with the OP that I would prefer to park at the port and be able to leave for home as soon as we are off the ship. Much easier than waiting on a shuttle.

• 1 month later...

Well, I am so late in replying to TerReuv. My apologies. The breakfast is nothing fancy. Cereals and pastries. They did have a waffle maker and I believe they did offer some hot items, i.e egg patties and sausage.

I'm not a big breakfast eater, I usually just snack and then get something better for lunch onboard.

Hank