Live look at the Anthem

bob brown

I wonder what has been repaired that was damaged so far on the cruise

Haven't seen many pictures posted from anyone on this current cruise right now

I hope everything will be replaced and repair by my cruise in 2 weeks

can't wait

nice to see the ship in port

Watched the beautiful sailaway earlier. Also saw the Breakaway arrive...rather late...it was due in at 1:00 PM, but didn't get in until about 8:00 PM...was due to leave around 9:00 PM....wonder if they will alter her itinerary, and stay another day, and skip an island? Don't see any other logical way....

I must comment...the PTV webcam is fantastic....when it was zoomed in on the Anthem solarium earlier, you could actually see thru the tinted glass, and see life aboard the ship, besides the workmen doing the repairs outside...:cool:

Edit: Found the answer here.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49113206&postcount=17

Edited by bob brown

Watched the beautiful sailaway earlier. Also saw the Breakaway arrive...rather late...it was due in at 1:00 PM, but didn't get in until about 8:00 PM...was due to leave around 9:00 PM....wonder if they will alter her itinerary, and stay another day, and skip an island? Don't see any other logical way....

I must comment...the PTV webcam is fantastic....when it was zoomed in on the Anthem solarium earlier, you could actually see thru the tinted glass, and see life aboard the ship, besides the workmen doing the repairs outside...:cool:

Edit: Found the answer here.... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49113206&postcount=17

I thought Breakaway was due too, according to the port schedule. I had wondered how port excursions would do with both mega ships at once.

I was surprised how the camera zoomed so close. I hope someday another camera can be installed to view the ships at the south side so we can see more than the front or back end of the ships docked there.

I just looked at NCL board. They were late leaving NY, seas were a bit rough so couldn't make up time lost. They will skip GSC (OMG) so they will be in Nassau on schedule. Said they will be at Canaveral till 4 today. I haven't peeked at the cam yet.

Hi Bob,

Nice to see your post.

How are you and Millie doing?

Sailing on the Anthem any time soon? We're March 7th.

Also on this cruise with you, can't wait! It's great to hear they are working diligently to repair this beautiful ship! ....K.O.:)

Hi Bob,

Nice to see your post.

How are you and Millie doing?

Sailing on the Anthem any time soon? We're March 7th.

Oh, Hi Rich!

We're doing great...how are you's?

We were on the Liberty OTS last May, the Regal Princess in October, and the Breakaway a couple of weeks ago.

We are going on our very first Carnival (the new Vista) in November, and the Gem in April of '17.

We may try the Anthem some time in between, if we can snag a good deal...:)

Yeah...we give everyone a 'break'....hoping 'X' will bring a Solstice class or better, to Bayonne in the future...

Edited by bob brown

Oh, Hi Rich!

We're doing great...how are you's?

We were on the Liberty OTS last May, the Regal Princess in October, and the Breakaway a couple of weeks ago.

We are going on our very first Carnival (the new Vista) in November, and the Gem in April of '17.

We may try the Anthem some time in between, if we can snag a good deal...:)

Yeah...we give everyone a 'break'....hoping 'X' will bring a Solstice class or better, to Bayonne in the future...

We've been doing well.

Following the "saga" of the Anthem. As Mel Brooks would say, "never give a saga an even break". We were on the Quantum in December, 2014. It seems that RCCL hasn't heard the phrase, "those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". I know that corporate is working very hard on getting the f&b on Anthem straightened out. We'll see in a few weeks how successful they were.

While not a big fan of Norwegian, a lot of what I didn't like about them is not being implemented by RCCL. It is a lot cheaper for us to leave out of Manhattan than Bayonne. I don't like the idea of leaving my car there and we end up with a town car both ways. That pays for a LOT of LIRR fares.

I'm contemplating taking the Breakaway to Bermuda as our next cruise. We have done the Summit, but it is beginning to show its age.

Take care and smooth sailing.

Here's an update from the current roll call this past Tuesday.

"That's because the solarium was unusable for the first two days due to a broken window. North Star is down, puzzle break is broken.

On the upside, I spent the day at the pool and it was quite lovely!!"

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2151613&page=56

I was wondering how well those loft suites came through the storm. My big objection was during rough seas, I could see the bed (or me) on the second floor going right through that wall and landing on the first floor. Not sure what's worse, falling to the first floor, or having something fall on top of you.

How can puzzle break be broken.They must have lost a key in the storm.

I thought I read that the room was damaged (broken windows, water damage, etc). I guess it's very low on the list of priorities for repairing.

I was wondering how well those loft suites came through the storm. My big objection was during rough seas, I could see the bed (or me) on the second floor going right through that wall and landing on the first floor. Not sure what's worse, falling to the first floor, or having something fall on top of you.

When they first created the loft suites my first worry as well was what would happen in a storm if you were going up or down the stairs.

Edited by adjjb12

How can puzzle break be broken.They must have lost a key in the storm.

Yes, likely washed overboard by a rogue wave. :D

Here are some shots from the PC webcam during Anthem stop there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=377201&d=1455822092

attachment.php?attachmentid=377202&d=1455822092

attachment.php?attachmentid=377203&d=1455822092

attachment.php?attachmentid=377204&d=1455822092

attachment.php?attachmentid=377205&d=1455822092

AnthemLifeboat02.jpg.e9f7098cec482992a88b81f00f4e84c8.jpg

AnthemLifeboat03.jpg.8defe47519474904bf0476416025a288.jpg

AnthemSolarium02.jpg.bf79403d7fc316587a94c70315e410e8.jpg

AnthemSolarium05.jpg.dbf3abea8e4e3c7db5df07640c5d0730.jpg

AnthemBridge01.jpg.c89c2cb073f674b49c321d10bb154a30.jpg

Edited by robtulipe