Complimentary Laundry

Classiccruiser777

Assuming you and your wife are on the same booking, and sharing a cabin, then the lower star level passenger gets all the benefits of the higher star passenger.

The confusion on the face of the barista in Explorations Café when a 2-star Mariner gets the 4* discount is priceless. :D

On our next cruise my wife will enjoy the benefits of a "5 Star Mariner" which qualifies her for complimentary laundry. I will be a lowly "2 Star" so my question is does the laundry police monitor what comes in the bag?

Your laundry will be eligible for your wife's 5 * Mariner complimentary status. Just include your items in the bag with hers. No laundry police necessary:) Congrats to your wife, and to you for being so smart to be married to her:):D

Edited by middle-aged mom

Your laundry will be eligible for your wife's 5 * Mariner complimentary status. Just include your items in the bag with hers. No laundry police necessary:) Congrats to your wife, and to you for being so smart to be married to her:):D

Enjoy Sequim when you get there. Bet most CCer's don't know how to pronounce.[/sI:)ZE]

On our next cruise my wife will enjoy the benefits of a "5 Star Mariner" which qualifies her for complimentary laundry. I will be a lowly "2 Star" so my question is does the laundry police monitor what comes in the bag?

But she has qualified for the complimentary laundry since she was a 4 Star!

Enjoy Sequim when you get there. Bet most CCer's don't know how to pronounce.[/sI:)ZE]

Ha, thanks.:) "Sequim" is one of the words we use to separate the locals from the visitors here. Another one is "Puyallup":D.

There are many place names throughout Washington State and British Columbia that come from the languages of the aboriginal tribes. I just recently learned that even the name "Canada" comes from the Iriquois word for "village" or settlement".

Sequim rhymes with swim. It has one syllable. It comes from the Klallam language, and it means "place to go shooting" (with bow and arrow or gun), because of the plentiful game there.

Now, back to laundry:). 4* and 5* Mariners get the free laundry/pressing. But only the Neptune and Pinnacle Suites get the free dry cleaning as well. Perhaps I should say "included" versus "free", because I don't believe there's really anything "free" about it. I don't know what the President's Club members get, maybe a whole brand new wardrobe?:D

Edited by middle-aged mom

A little off the laundry topic but the how to pronounce city names is a fun game. When DH was a lowly airman in the Air Force we would get together with friends from Florida. We'd have Washington and Florida maps and take turns pointing to cities and then guess the proper way to say it. That's when I learned the right way to say Kissimmee, Florida-before the Disney World era. Thanks, you brought back good memories.