Jacqui O's menu

LaShelle2

Does anyone have a lunch and drinks menu? They don't have a lot of information on the website. I don't mind paying for the extra service and upscale atmosphere, but I don't want sticker shock either.

The menu items on the website seem pretty upscale. Would we be able to get something simple, like a sandwich or burgers?

Does anyone have a lunch and drinks menu? They don't have a lot of information on the website. I don't mind paying for the extra service and upscale atmosphere, but I don't want sticker shock either.

The menu items on the website seem pretty upscale. Would we be able to get something simple, like a sandwich or burgers?

We did Jacqui O back in December and loved it. Upscale is a great definition for the service. However, as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for". There is a charge for the beach chairs even if you do purchase food/drinks. Beach beverage service was very attentive. The only hamburger on the menu includes foie gras therefore is a $55 hamburger. We didn't ask if you could get it without. My husband wasn't paying attention when he ordered it. He did not like it. I would have traded with him but he was sick so I wasn't going to eat after him after he had eaten off and handled the burger. I had the lobster, grapefuit, strawberry dish...it was delicious although "light". It cost around $50. Several others had dishes that were probably around $35 per person. Drinks were probably $10-$12 per person.

ooops...got to work for a few minutes...more later

Best if I stay out of this thread, having a preference for JO

Skiier Girl will be a mine of information.

Just wish to say, if there was a $5.00 burger on the menu and a $2.00 beer, then sadly, it would be a destination for the cruise herds. ;)

Best if I stay out of this thread, having a preference for JO

Skiier Girl will be a mine of information.

Just wish to say, if there was a $5.00 burger on the menu and a $2.00 beer, then sadly, it would be a destination for the cruise herds. ;)

Sometimes all you need is a $5 burger and a $2 beer whether you are in a herd or not.

We did Jacqui O back in December and loved it. Upscale is a great definition for the service. However, as the old saying goes "You get what you pay for". There is a charge for the beach chairs even if you do purchase food/drinks. Beach beverage service was very attentive. The only hamburger on the menu includes foie gras therefore is a $55 hamburger. We didn't ask if you could get it without. My husband wasn't paying attention when he ordered it. He did not like it. I would have traded with him but he was sick so I wasn't going to eat after him after he had eaten off and handled the burger. I had the lobster, grapefuit, strawberry dish...it was delicious although "light". It cost around $50. Several others had dishes that were probably around $35 per person. Drinks were probably $10-$12 per person.

sorry...had to work a little while to pay for cruising...lol

Back to the menu....food and beverages were all fabulous. If you are on a "budget" this is not the place to go. If you can afford to spend $50 + per person for food and beverage (that is on the low side) (plus the fee for the chair - $20 or $25 per - I don't remember which) then it is definitely worth it!!! If you are looking for the $5 burger and $2 beer...this is not your place.

Again, we definitely plan on visiting here again!!!

I hope someone can confirm/correct me....I think the taxi ride is something like $8 pp each way and the roads are not the best...but that is basically all over this fabulous island.

Edited by skiiergirl

• 2 weeks later...

Not for the budget tight but what an all round day.

The beach is pristine no hawkers nice cabana style loungers and the food out of this world. The water is clean and clear easy waves.

I live in a very cosmopolitan city and I would stack his gourmet dishes up to our five Star. I had lobster ravioli light wonderful lobster sauce and I share the capress salad with my husband who had the Mahi Mahi with pumpkin mash.

Staff fun lighthearted make this an unexpected treasure.

How much to rent beach chairs and an umbrella at Jacqui O.

• 4 weeks later...

Last season there was a $9 fee tacked on.

The mixology bartender makes about 5 specialty drinks of the day (my suggestion is to stick with one of these), however there is an extensive wine list, beers and the usual bar drinks as well.

People also have to remember that the prices are not in US dollars, the conversion when I returned home was a wonderful surprise. It's not that expensive once that is considered.

THe conversion is 1 USD = 2.7007 XCD so a $55 burger is NOT $55 US. HOpe that helps.

Edited by nimbex1970

Last season there was a $9 fee tacked on.

The mixology bartender makes about 5 specialty drinks of the day (my suggestion is to stick with one of these), however there is an extensive wine list, beers and the usual bar drinks as well.

People also have to remember that the prices are not in US dollars, the conversion when I returned home was a wonderful surprise. It's not that expensive once that is considered.

THe conversion is 1 USD = 2.7007 XCD so a $55 burger is NOT $55 US. HOpe that helps.

Interesting. Our charge did come through as US $.

We did not see any specialty drinks of the day. Maybe the mixology bartender was off that day. Our drinks were very good though.

A lot of the restaurants in Antigua will process your bill in USD. You would have to look at the numbers to figure out whether prices are ECD or USD. But beware. The damn banks will charge your credit card an extra 3% on top of the bill for 'foreign exchange', even although there is no foreign exchange involved. The whole thing is processed in USD from start to finish. Go figure.

A lot of the restaurants in Antigua will process your bill in USD. You would have to look at the numbers to figure out whether prices are ECD or USD. But beware. The damn banks will charge your credit card an extra 3% on top of the bill for 'foreign exchange', even although there is no foreign exchange involved. The whole thing is processed in USD from start to finish. Go figure.

There are quite a few credit cards that do not charge a foreign transaction fee. Capitol One has one. Also, the American Airlines Mastercard (yearly fee for this one). Our Celebrity Visa also.