Blog - Reflection February 6-13, 2016

SerraG

I have been blogging about our Eastern Caribbean sailing on the Reflection. I will continue adding a post or two every day until I'm finished, which I expect will take another week or so.

http://celebrityreflection2016.blogspot.com/

If you want to start at Embarkation Day, that post is here:

http://celebrityreflection2016.blogspot.com/2016/02/embarkation.html

(Also, much of my blog was "typed" with my thumbs on my iPhone during the trip so I apologize in advance for any typos or other errors.)

I'm happy to answer any questions about our trip! :)

Edited by SerraG

Thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying your blog. I appreciate the info on ice cream and tea. :)

May I ask how old your daughter is? Mine will be 8 on our Reflection sailing this June. I'd love to hear more about what yours though of the kids' club. Thanks!

Thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying your blog. I appreciate the info on ice cream and tea. :)

May I ask how old your daughter is? Mine will be 8 on our Reflection sailing this June. I'd love to hear more about what yours though of the kids' club. Thanks!

We were on the Reflection with our five (and a half!) year old granddaughter earlier this month. She LOVED the kid's club. The counsellors were fabulous. There were only 47 kids on this cruise, so at times our granddaughter was the only one in the Fun Factory, but she loved playing with the counsellors as much as with the other kids.

Take in the family bingo and scavenger hunt, they were tons of fun.

Of the two pools on the main pool deck, only one allows kids and it can get quite crowded. We went for swims after dinner and both pools were completely empty. These night-time swims were one of the highlights of our trip.

You mentioned Niksa? Was he from Croatia? The bartender we got to know on the Reflection march 2015 was named Nik. I wonder if it is one and the same. He managed the Sunset bar and was fabulous! We tipped him everyday because his customer service was worth it.

Our daughter is 8 and overall she really liked the kid's club. I will write an entire post about it, including pictures of the daily schedules. I'll reply here to let you know after I post it. :)

You mentioned Niksa? Was he from Croatia? The bartender we got to know on the Reflection march 2015 was named Nik. I wonder if it is one and the same. He managed the Sunset bar and was fabulous! We tipped him everyday because his customer service was worth it.

I'm not sure where Niksa was from, as he was never really "our" bartender. We got drinks there about four times and the other bartender, Chirourl(?), served us every time. Our favorite drinks were the Zacapa Old Fashioned, The Buck Stops Here and The Celebrity No TEN, although I agree with another reviewer that all the drinks were a little inconsistent from visit to visit.

Our daughter is 8 and overall she really liked the kid's club. I will write an entire post about it, including pictures of the daily schedules. I'll reply here to let you know after I post it. :)

Thanks! Looking forward to it! :)

CanadianDee, thanks for your comments on the kids' club as well.

I'm not sure where Niksa was from, as he was never really "our" bartender. We got drinks there about four times and the other bartender, Chirourl(?), served us every time. Our favorite drinks were the Zacapa Old Fashioned, The Buck Stops Here and The Celebrity No TEN, although I agree with another reviewer that all the drinks were a little inconsistent from visit to visit.

Niksa was our bartender as I did check with my husband. Unfortunately he will be off the ship when we sail on March 12. but what a great bartender!

I now have our Fun Factory Review and the Cadet's Schedules Posted Here: http://celebrityreflection2016.blogspot.com/2016/02/celebrity-fun-factory-kids-club-review.html