Fairbanks Ice Museum (Downtown)

JenP

I'm planning a DIY pre-cruise land tour. While the downtown Fairbanks Ice Museum is, by no means, one of my must-see attractions, I thought it might be a cute diversion if I have time. It's only a block or so from my hotel. The website notes shows begin every hour. How long do they last? Knowing that would help with planning. Thank you.

Thanks. I assume that's what I'm referring to, but I'm unsure how they're using the word "show" on the website. It just says a show begins every hour, but doesn't give any more description of the museum. If it's indeed a sculptor demonstrating his work, that makes me slightly more interested.

Thanks. I assume that's what I'm referring to, but I'm unsure how they're using the word "show" on the website. It just says a show begins every hour, but doesn't give any more description of the museum. If it's indeed a sculptor demonstrating his work, that makes me slightly more interested.

That's the only "show" I've seen there.

• 3 weeks later...

We found the bus service in Fairbanks very user friendly. Walked two blocks then took the bus to the Fairbanks university campus and visitors center. Also found several out of the way breakfast places for great food and low prices. I used the open table app. Just a suggestion if you have time.

• 4 months later...
We go in just a few days!!! I'm wondering what the difference bw the downtown ice museum and Chena hot springs ice museum. We have three generations, youngest is 9 and oldest is 75 - seems like a fun thing to do.

Also curious to hear the difference.