First Time On Victory From Port canaveral

tm3750

My wife and some friends will be on a short Bahama cruise in April on the Victory. First time on this ship. Does anyone have the 3 day Menu for this cruise for the main dining room?

I would also like to know if there is anything special to do or venue's to see on this ship

Thanks for all your help in advance

My wife and some friends will be on a short Bahama cruise in April on the Victory. First time on this ship. Does anyone have the 3 day Menu for this cruise for the main dining room?

I would also like to know if there is anything special to do or venue's to see on this ship

Thanks for all your help in advance

You can learn a lot about this Ship from this review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2247456

There is a website somewhere that has all the menus but i don't have that link. The ship is just moving to that port so you likely need to look at 3day from Miami it is doing now to see that menu which will likely be the same

Have a look here on zydecocruiser's page. There is no 3 day menu, but I'm fairly certain you can just knock a day off the 4 day menu. Here's the link to the 4 day:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalInspiration/Menus/index.html

Also, the 2nd day will be different since the elegant night menu changed on the shorter cruises. The new menu for night 2 should be this one:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/short_nolob.htm

I hope this helps!

Thanks for the menus!

This is my first time on Victory, and first time on a cruise.

I’m wondering if the elegant night is the night we will be in Nassau or if its on our sea day.

We leave at 4 on a Thursday

Nassau from 12-8 on Friday

Sea Day Saturday

And back to port at 8am Sunday morning.

So is our elegant night on Friday or Saturday?

Thanks for the menus!

This is my first time on Victory, and first time on a cruise.

I’m wondering if the elegant night is the night we will be in Nassau or if its on our sea day.

We leave at 4 on a Thursday

Nassau from 12-8 on Friday

Sea Day Saturday

And back to port at 8am Sunday morning.

So is our elegant night on Friday or Saturday?

Saturday night most likely since the ship doesn't leave Nassau until 8pm on Friday night

We haven't done the new itinerary on Victory yet but we did it on Sensation (which Victory is replacing). Elegant night was the night we were in Nassau.

You've obviously been on the ship, but I find it hard to believe that they would do formal night on the only day they are in port, and the fact that the ship is not scheduled to depart port until 8pm. The next day, Saturday, is a Sea Day and the more likely day to have the formal night.

Just my 2 cents :)

You've obviously been on the ship, but I find it hard to believe that they would do formal night on the only day they are in port, and the fact that the ship is not scheduled to depart port until 8pm. The next day, Saturday, is a Sea Day and the more likely day to have the formal night.

Just my 2 cents :)

Sorry you don't believe me. Feel free to check out the Sensation Fun Times, which I posted here: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html?_sm_au_=iMVHNsCjWq6ps84P

Sorry you don't believe me. Feel free to check out the Sensation Fun Times, which I posted here: http://susancrow.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html?_sm_au_=iMVHNsCjWq6ps84P

No - it's not that I don't believe you, I just can't understand why Carnival would do its only formal dinner on a 4-day cruise on the same day they are in their only port - and the ship is not scheduled to leave until 8pm on top of that? Just weird is all...Especially when you have a Sea Day the following day. Maybe they figure if they do it that way, it cuts down on food costs if some guests miss it :)

We don't plan on doing any excursions that day, but our friends are, and I would hate for them to miss the only formal night because they're still on land :)

Edited by Tallyfins

DH and I will pack our formal clothes, but if elegant night is on the same night that we are in Nassau then we will probably miss it :(I would rather spend a few extra hours in a place I have never been then to rush back to the ship to get dressed up for dinner. And since our dinner time is at 6 we will probably either do the buffet or room service that night. I was kind of looking forward to formal night, but I doubt DH will care. He will probably be more upset about missing the food from the MDR.

No - it's not that I don't believe you, I just can't understand why Carnival would do its only formal dinner on a 4-day cruise on the same day they are in their only port - and they ship is not scheduled to leave until 8pm on top of that? Just weird is all...Especially when you have a Sea Day the following day. Maybe they figure if they do it that way, it cuts down on food costs if some guests miss it :)

We don't plan on doing any excursions that day, but our friends are, and I would hate for them to miss the only formal night because they're still on land :)

Probably because the sea day is also the last night of the cruise. People don't want to dress up on the last night because they have to pack.

Anyway, elegant night was definitely on Friday night on Sensation. Maybe it will be different on Victory but I sort of doubt it.

DH and I will pack our formal clothes, but if elegant night is on the same night that we are in Nassau then we will probably miss it :(I would rather spend a few extra hours in a place I have never been then to rush back to the ship to get dressed up for dinner. And since our dinner time is at 6 we will probably either do the buffet or room service that night. I was kind of looking forward to formal night, but I doubt DH will care. He will probably be more upset about missing the food from the MDR.

What are your plans in Nassau? Maybe you could switch to the late dinner seating or any time dining? We're signed up for any time dining so I figure we'll just eat later. I don't want to miss the MDR either. :)

What are your plans in Nassau? Maybe you could switch to the late dinner seating or any time dining? We're signed up for any time dining so I figure we'll just eat later. I don't want to miss the MDR either. :)

I think we are going to do the snorkel and catamaran excursion. That leaves at 12:30 and will probably be done by 4:30 but I’d like to do some shopping and maybe the rum distillery. We aren’t the type of people that would wait to the last minute to get back, but we have 6pm dining and I’d like to not to get back that early. Neither DH or I have seen Nassau. We both liked the idea of 6pm dining. The later one is just too late for us for the other nights. Is anytime dining an extra fee? If not then it’s something to talk to him about switching to, if switching is even allowed.

I'll almost guarantee that formal night will be on your day in port. It makes it a royal pain, but unfortunately that is the way it works out. We have been on a couple of cruises where it hit that way and we were not really happy about it. In October while we are on the Victory our formal night will be on our Freeport night. Ah well, c'est la vie.

MrsPawel25, there's no fee for any time dining or for switching. You should be able to switch on the Carnival website, as long as the seating is still available. If not, stop by the dining room as soon as you get on the ship and ask the maitre d' to switch.

Any time dining is pretty popular though, so the sooner you request it the better.

MrsPawel25, there's no fee for any time dining or for switching. You should be able to switch on the Carnival website, as long as the seating is still available. If not, stop by the dining room as soon as you get on the ship and ask the maitre d' to switch.

Any time dining is pretty popular though, so the sooner you request it the better.

Yeah, I just looked at our booking and Anytime is waitlisted. We will either skip eating the good MDR food on that day or switch to 8:15 dining. The only problem with 8:15 dining is aren’t the shows normally around this time? I’d rather eat earlier and see some shows. Plus DH and I are used to eating around 6.

Is there any other dining choice other than buffet or room service? I know this ship doesn’t have a Guys.

It's been my experience that they will either have one show that works for both early and late seatings or they will have two shows, one for each seating. So you shouldn't miss any shows with late seating.

I know what you mean about 8:15 being too late though! My husband and I usually eat around 6:30 so it's hard to wait till 8:15. You'll probably find though, that you get busy having fun and the time goes fast. You can also tide yourself over with some pizza or a snack. There's also the Taste Bar, although that's really not more than just a sample bite.

• 4 weeks later...

We're back from our Victory cruise so I can confirm a few things.

Elegant Night is Night 2 (Nassau).

For the menus, if you look at the links posted in post #6:

Day 1 menu is the same as Day 1 in the links

Day 2 menu is the new elegant night menu

Day 3 menu is Day 4 in the links

I have the Fun Times but I still need to scan them.