Disembarking From Port Of Miami - Can I make a 10:30 AM Flight

Keith1010

I know this is a teaser.

For the experienced cruisers we know the answer. Don't take a chance.

I never recommend booking a flight before Noon.

I was jus reading a report on the Celebrity Cruise Board about a disembarkation from one of their ships on February 15 where there was a big delay.

To me it is just another reminder not to book flights where you ability to make the flight is totally out of your control.

To me it's no different than flying in the day of the cruise. A lot of risk.

Keith

I was like wait a minute, Keith is the guy with the Answers. Why is he asking such a ridiculous Q.

Still I will give my standard answer as a PSA. Don't look at what time your flight takes off. Look at what time you have to be at the AP to determine whether you really want to risk it.

Do you honestly think you could get to the AP by 9:00 assuming a 1/2 hour cab ride?

No question.

It is a comment.

Often we are asked on this board by others can I make a 10:30 AM flight and most of us say no. That it is risky. Personally I recommend Noon flights. Some will recommend slightly earlier.

My point is things can easily go wrong.

That was the case with Celebrity and it was not there fault.

What can go wrong.

Ship can arrive late.

There could be a work stoppage or slowdown by the union workers.

Immigration could be delayed.

You could be the lucky one who customs stops.

And I am sure there are other items.

Keith

You are always going to have someone come along who will say they easily made a 6AM flight with plenty of time to spare.

It isn't that they honestly want to know it they can make the 10:30 flight it is that they want someone to justify their decision to book that flight.

It isn't smart but you know what they say, you can't fix stupid.

I agree with Keith!

Honestly, I get so annoyed with all the threads that folks post asking if they can make 9am flights, 9:30am flights, 10am flights, etc. My thought is if you have doubts and have to ask regular cruisers, then the answer is probably no. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I would never consider a 10:30am flight, but I am seriously thinking about an 11:30am one on American. The price difference between this one and anything later is $200+ per person for us! ($450 vs. $650-$700 each) I have to be at work the next day, so staying one night post cruise is not an option.

For those familiar with MIA...other than the obvious reasons for a later flight (delays, customs, etc.)...what could be specific pitfalls that I am not aware of?

Ship arrives POM on a Sunday morning in late October. Flying American out of MIA.

Thanks for any info, but please no bashing...

I would never consider a 10:30am flight, but I am seriously thinking about an 11:30am one on American. The price difference between this one and anything later is $200+ per person for us! ($450 vs. $650-$700 each) I have to be at work the next day, so staying one night post cruise is not an option.

For those familiar with MIA...other than the obvious reasons for a later flight (delays, customs, etc.)...what could be specific pitfalls that I am not aware of?

Ship arrives POM on a Sunday morning in late October. Flying American out of MIA.

I think you will be just fine booking this flight.

I prefer Noon but 11:30 AM is likely to be fine.

What ship are you arriving back on/ What date? And I assume POM?

Keith