How do I know which ports are tender ports?

Vacationdreamer<><

Thank you for the links.

Roatan - maybe

Belize City - yes

Costa Maya - no

Cozumel - maybe

I'll go see again how many ships are in port each day and maybe that will help me.

We have a Little French Key booked for our day in Roatan, Honduras, and I hope to get off the ship as soon as possible, as we don't even dock until 10 AM. :-(

We wanted as much time at that island as possible. :-)

Thank you for the links.

Roatan - maybe

Belize City - yes

Costa Maya - no

Cozumel - maybe

I'll go see again how many ships are in port each day and maybe that will help me.

We have a Little French Key booked for our day in Roatan' date=' Honduras, and I hope to get off the ship as soon as possible, as we don't even dock until 10 AM. :-(

We wanted as much time at that island as possible. :-)[/quote']

When we were on the DAWN in November, we were told we would be tendering in Roatan. What a nice surprise it was to wake up in port!!

Did you verify the information for every port? :confused: On one recent roll call we discovered that the information for Tangier, Morocco, was incorrect (it says tender, but we docked).

As with just about everything on the NCL website, it's best to double-check with recent cruises here.

Did you verify the information for every port? :confused: On one recent roll call we discovered that the information for Tangier, Morocco, was incorrect (it says tender, but we docked).

As with just about everything on the NCL website, it's best to double-check with recent cruises here.

I can't verify. I can only go with that they are saying. Funnily enough out of my next 3 cruises and 14 ports, the only one which says tender is Tangier, so I'm pleased to hear it may be wrong.

I think what happens sometimes especially with some of the Mexican/South American ports is that there are only so many ships that can be in port at once and NCL most times expects to tender so they list it as a tender port, however, if the port says they can dock, then they dock.

May have been what happened to you in Tangier...

I think what happens sometimes especially with some of the Mexican/South American ports is that there are only so many ships that can be in port at once and NCL most times expects to tender so they list it as a tender port, however, if the port says they can dock, then they dock.

May have been what happened to you in Tangier...

Tangier is not a busy port (they don't often get more than one ship per per week, much less on the same day) so there is no reason to expect to tender. In this case I think NCL's information is simply wrong, or outdated. I don't know how recently the cruise berth in Tangier was constructed; if it was anytime within the past 10 years, that is not enough time for NCL to update their website. :rolleyes: