My Park West experience

cruisinck

I know that there has been a lot of talk about Park West Galleries but I thought that I would share my experience with you.

DH and I were on Independence for Thanksgiving. We have never been to the art auction before but we were just walking around that day a saw a piece that we liked by and artist we knew. We went in and started talking to them and they told us how much it was and before the auction started they took a bid from us that was well below what they stated. While we were waiting for the auction to start and our painting came up I googled the artist and saw how much the piece was. The price is what they stated. Again the only reason we went in was because we knew who the artist was. This was a signed piece number 70/450. When we went to fill out the paper work we verified with them that was they on we would receive and restated that it was. Jump a head to January 14 and we receive our art work. It was the right one but it was numbered 421/450. I would not have bought that high of number. I called Park West and explained everything to customer service and I was told that I would get a call back. I figured yea right but 2 weeks later they called and said that they we getting the art work that I purchased off the ship and that it you be delivered to me. I packed up the one that I received and yesterday made the trade. They had FEDEX pick up the one that they sent me when they brought the one that I wanted.

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with your purchase. I'm with CB on this, so I'm curious what the significance is to you of print number 70 vs 421? I know some people that collect numbered things like to get specific numbers that correlate to a birth year, anniversary date, etc.

Edited by Kingofwylietx