Formal Nights on 10 night cruise?

Virtopia

Just a couple questions.

How many formal nights are on a 10 night cruise? My guess is 2, which would be day 2 and day 8, but I'm sure the experts will know :)

Also, I'll be on a European cruise in September and always give additional tips. Is it better to give tips in USD or Euros? The reason I ask is because, being from Canada, if I don't have to take out USD money, I'd rather not. Taking out Euros is already going to hurt :D

Just a couple questions.

How many formal nights are on a 10 night cruise? My guess is 2, which would be day 2 and day 8, but I'm sure the experts will know :)

Also, I'll be on a European cruise in September and always give additional tips. Is it better to give tips in USD or Euros? The reason I ask is because, being from Canada, if I don't have to take out USD money, I'd rather not. Taking out Euros is already going to hurt :D

Formal nights: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/whatToKnow/whatToPack.do

It does not matter if you give USD or Euros, the crewmembers will be grateful for either.

Edited by clarea

We had both USD and Euros on our previous Europe trip. For those we gave extra to, we asked if they had a preference. They all chose Euros on that sailing. There were more European crew members than what we typically see so maybe that was why.

On that cruise, which was 10 nights by the way, they did 2 formals.