Bon Voyage Tour

videolady

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in May. Will be on the Princess Ruby, sailing out of Seattle.

We see that Princess Cruises offers a Bon Voyage Experience to family and friends prior to the ship leaving port. Has anyone ever had family take the Bon Voyage Experience, and if yes, was it worth the $$? What was the experience like? Did you get to eat the lunch with your family/friends who did the BVE?

Thanks!

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in May. Will be on the Princess Ruby, sailing out of Seattle.

We see that Princess Cruises offers a Bon Voyage Experience to family and friends prior to the ship leaving port. Has anyone ever had family take the Bon Voyage Experience, and if yes, was it worth the $$? What was the experience like? Did you get to eat the lunch with your family/friends who did the BVE?

Thanks!

I would ask this on the Princess forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=197

Thanks!

Our daughter and her boyfriend did this when we sailed from NY on the Royal.

The cost was 39pp and I booked it for them. It is very important that you have the reservations linked. Those doing the BVE will have their own reservation just like they are sailing.

The time to arrive at port we were told was 11am. However we all arrived together and 10:30.

We were checked in and brought to the BVE waiting area which is right by the boarding door. The BVE people board right after the wedding parties. Yes, you also board early with your BVE guests

They have 4 hours to explore and have lunch in the MDR or wherever they choose. They can do it with the BVE tour of the ship or on their own.

One thing that is nice is that the BVE people, just like you are allowed to bring on one bottle of wine. Thus, it can be left with you in your cabin when they depart the ship. :)

Edited by janetz