Tesco Clubcard vouchers

Demonica

Does anyone know if converted Tesco vouchers can be used to pay the balance of your cruise? The remainder of our summer cruise (booked direct with P&O on board last year) is due in in a few months. At the time of booking I didn't know Tesco vouchers could be used against P&O but I'm wondering, if we pay the balance over the phone, can we use the converted Clubcard voucher codes towards the payment? Or is it only for deposits? I can't seem to find a definitive answer and I don't want to convert them only to find that they can't be used at that point.

We don't have a great deal to convert but, as they say, every little helps and, once I know how the process works I will certainly make more of an effort to accumulate points for future cruises.

TIA

Does anyone know if converted Tesco vouchers can be used to pay the balance of your cruise? The remainder of our summer cruise (booked direct with P&O on board last year) is due in in a few months. At the time of booking I didn't know Tesco vouchers could be used against P&O but I'm wondering, if we pay the balance over the phone, can we use the converted Clubcard voucher codes towards the payment? Or is it only for deposits? I can't seem to find a definitive answer and I don't want to convert them only to find that they can't be used at that point.

We don't have a great deal to convert but, as they say, every little helps and, once I know how the process works I will certainly make more of an effort to accumulate points for future cruises.

TIA

I think in the dim and distant past, not sure which board now, maybe. The old pando board even, someone posted about paying for the entire cruise by tesco vouchers.

If I remember they had to book it via a special site. Not just the balance.

Do a search of this board and see if anything comes up about tesco vouchers.

Thanks Brian, I found the old forum thread and the link you posted but it's a little vague. I mean, it doesn't specifically say you can't pay the balance with them, though it does say you can't add more tokens 'later', so maybe that's the answer to my question.

I have messaged P&O on Twitter to see if I can get it from the horse's mouth. Not to worry, I'll just have to save up my points to use against the next one when we book.

I used tesco vouchers to pay in full for a cruise with Cunard you couldn't use them with any offers but at the time it was 4x value my husband had just bought a motorbike we have a club card credit card. Don't seem to save as much now

We have used Tesco vouchers to book a number of our cruises but you have to book through a special number and pay over the odds so not always worth it. Was good when the vouchers were 4x face value but now only 3x not always worth it. We now use them for weekend breaks, a much better conversion value.

I have paid for three cruises in the past with tesco vouchers but not great a deal now that it has changed to x3 and no free parking or OBC. It is cheaper to book a saver and save vouchers for something else. We usually use the vouchers for eating out while in Southampton:D