On the Anthem of the Seas right now. Any questions?

lazeyey

Yes, I have a question. Would you be able to take a pic of cabin 9174, they indicate that there is no sofa in the room. We have that booked for in upcoming trip and d I'd love to see it. No worries if you can't get to it. Enjoy for me!!

I suspect you saw that the cabin on either side, 9172 and 9176, had a triangle symbol which indicates they have a sofa bed whereas 9174 has none but it should have a regular sofa by the bathroom.

Ours did. ;)

Hi everyone! Sorry it has been a couple of days since posting. I have been super busy exploring this awesome place. It's like I fall in love with the ship more with each day.

Time is flying, I can't believe it is already day 4!! Where has the time gone ;) I've been taking LOTS of pictures that I cannot wait to share with you when I have a chance to post them.

I have looked into some questions you guys have. I love to talk so if you are on the ship, you probably know me as the girl who never shuts up lol. ive asked about freshly baked cookies and I was told they still have them daily at the windjammer. I can't find the puzzle room, man the puzzle already started and I'm lost lol. Everyone I ask looks at me strangely and asks if I'm high, to which my response is yes, I'm always high on life :D

I will be back here with all your questions answered, the ones I can answer anyway. So far there haven't been any big problems. I hate complaining on a cruise ship and think of this as a privilege that many will never experience so why spend your time focused on the little issues? But with being said, there are 3 of them I ran into. 1) and everyone here on the cruise with me must see this, the elevators are so super slow! And it's always too lol. I wouldn't care if i didn't have a toddler and a stroller with me. 2) a sorrentos staff member was a bit rude and didn't get me pizza or even acknowledge me, even through she looked right at me in the eyes. 3) another crew problem but this time with the security at Haiti. I drank all my water and as we were heading back to the ship I got disorented (scary for where I was). I had asked the security guard for a chair and water before I fell, but he didn't seem to realize I needed medical attention. And this was after there was a medical emergency in port where we weren't allowed to leave the ship for an hour. I'm just surprised out of all these people around including staff and no one heard me screaming for water? Not one person who was there, and even the people I asked with a big jugs of it, telling me I'm stupid for not bringing my own. I couldn't believe how awful some human beings can treat others who are in need, it made me mad. But some nice people who saw that I needed help handed me a bottle of water and now it's all good. It goes to show you that for every uncaring people out there, there's always gonna be someone who does care.

Back to cruising now. I'm having so much fun taking pictures of their motivational happy wall art. I've down 3 floors so I'm looking forward to the neat things I will see! There is so much of it.

image.jpg.d84f18e7e009847a1f369ba4a281dd6b.jpg

I can't find the puzzle room, man the puzzle already started and I'm lost lol. Everyone I ask looks at me strangely and asks if I'm high, to which my response is yes, I'm always high on life :D

I don't know where the puzzle room actually is, but the sign up desk is in the Seaplex. If you could find out if they're running it again (and where it is!), that would be great.

I don't know where the puzzle room actually is, but the sign up desk is in the Seaplex. If you could find out if they're running it again (and where it is!), that would be great.

Yes, if you go to the Seaplex sign up desk and ask them about "Puzzle Break" I swear they won't look at you like you had too many Labadoozies (and not enough water!) They will tell you if it's running or still out order after the storm. The room they do it in is part of Seaplex.

Thanks for taking time out of your vacation to answer questions and glad you were able to get the water on Labadee.

The puzzle break or escape staging room is on the right or outer side just before the doors going into the seaplex from the port side elevators area on Anthem. From there the group goes forward, towards the bow, through a direct connecting door into the actual puzzle room. I don't recall any sign on or beside that door identifying it. It will be closed most of the time anyway as it is only left open for about a 1/2 hour prior to a session so as others have said sign up at the Seaplex desk just inside the above mentioned doors.

Hi all.

I'm not very good with words and writing, but I want to make a post about my Anthem of the Seas cruise I'm on now, and answer any questions anyone might have. I cant find the anthem class boards so please move this if there is one somewhere.

This will not be a 'regular' review like I see a lot on here. But I will do my best to provide any information or pictures. So about the cruise, it's a 12 night southern Caribbean cruise. I am traveling with my DH (38), daughter (18 months) and myself (33). We left Newark yesterday and now it's really early, like 630am, and I'm lying in bed waiting for my family to wake up.

First I want to say a couple of things that I noticed people on here had questions about. There are WOW bands, not sure the price though. And, the food so far has been absolutely AMAZING despite what anyone might say. The Windjammer is the best Windjammer I've ever seen on the 4 cruises I've been on. Not only is the place huge, but the variety of food was unbelievable! Like wow, they have really wowed me so far with the food lol. Sorenttos (sp?) is SO good I can't believe it. Being day 2 and all, I don't know about other places but I will say this, I can't wait to try everything else.

It's quite hard to see anyone who looks younger than us on this ship and I love that. There are mostly senior citizens and a few have been kinda rude but it's not a big deal to me because I'm having too much fun so it's not bothering me. The only other problem I have with our trip (and it is super minor) so far, is that adventure ocean is closed because of damage from the storm last week or the week before. So they only offer in room babysitting that I didn't want in the first place lol, but it's really not a huge problem. My daughter is so well behaved that I honestly will be fine if we have to watch her for the entire cruise.

I'm going to leave you guys with that and if you have any questions please ask me. I will answer them all as soon as I can.

I LOVE this ship. It's seriously, so far, the nicest one I've been on and by far my favorite. It reminds me of the freedom class ships but WAAAAY better. And to think I didn't want to sail any other class or ships than the oasis :)

Hello again any info on live bands onboard or a copy of the daily compass please.. Thanks....

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that we got a letter saying the noro virus is on the ship :( only a few have it, thankfully, but as a germaphobe I'm a bit worried. Although I wash my hands like crazy so wish me luck in not getting this. They would suck.

Hi all.

I'm not very good with words and writing, but I want to make a post about my Anthem of the Seas cruise I'm on now, and answer any questions anyone might have. I cant find the anthem class boards so please move this if there is one somewhere.

I'm going to leave you guys with that and if you have any questions please ask me. I will answer them all as soon as I can.

I LOVE this ship. It's seriously, so far, the nicest one I've been on and by far my favorite. It reminds me of the freedom class ships but WAAAAY better. And to think I didn't want to sail any other class or ships than the oasis :)

I cant' wait to sail in June.. I have heard very beautiful ship. Can you tell me how late the solarium pool is open? Have a great cruise!!

The escape room is located in fuel the teen lounge.

No, it's just barely forward of the Seaplex (debatably included in the Seaplex) on deck 15 port. In the deck plan it isn't labeled but it is that room just aft of the Fuel lounge.

Hey everyone. I just wanted to let you all know that we got a letter saying the noro virus is on the ship :( only a few have it, thankfully, but as a germaphobe I'm a bit worried. Although I wash my hands like crazy so wish me luck in not getting this. They would suck.

That's all the Anthem needs, after everything the past few weeks, is a Noro outbreak. Hopefully everyone will be careful and it won't spread.

Back to cruising now. I'm having so much fun taking pictures of their motivational happy wall art. I've down 3 floors so I'm looking forward to the neat things I will see! There is so much of it.

[ATTACH]377878[/ATTACH]

I know how you feel. I loved checking out all of the artwork in the stairwells on the Oasis. Not taking the elevators got me exercise and much happiness looking at the photos and artwork. Thanks for your live reports... enjoy the rest of your cruise.

That's all the Anthem needs, after everything the past few weeks, is a Noro outbreak. Hopefully everyone will be careful and it won't spread.

My thoughts exactly. I was wondering what was going to be next, after the problems the ship had. The good news is the letter says there aren't many people with it and they aren't too concerned.

The puzzle break or escape staging room is on the right or outer side just before the doors going into the seaplex from the port side elevators area on Anthem. From there the group goes forward, towards the bow, through a direct connecting door into the actual puzzle room. I don't recall any sign on or beside that door identifying it. It will be closed most of the time anyway as it is only left open for about a 1/2 hour prior to a session so as others have said sign up at the Seaplex desk just inside the above mentioned doors.

There was a sign when I was there.

Unfortunately, my brain did not tell me to take a picture of it. :(

So last night I went to look for the puzzle room again and you guys are right when you said where it is. And omg, I walked by it so many times and didn't even know it lol. I will get a picture today at some point, my camera was dead when I found it yesterday, it figures i'd find all kinds of neat things without my camera but I have like 7 days or something so it's all good.

I didn't think to take pictures of the cruise schedule but I still have from day 4 I think. I also don't know who the live bands are but I will check that out too, I saw a band in the music hall but I'm not sure who they were. all I know is that they were pretty good. Country/rock.

I doubt I will find anyone to play my type of music on this cruise (hip-hop) because of the ages of the other passengers. A crew member yesterday told me that there are 50 people on this ship right now who are older than 100!! WOW, that is so crazy. No wonder why the elevators are so slow. They really should have priority elevators especially knowing this information.

I have to go to an emergency dentist today in port :( I chipped a tooth and now it's sharp. Guest services were awesome in arranging that for me. Thank you so much, now I can eat properly.

One more thing I would like to point out. When I talked to guess services about in room babysitting the other day, she said there was no way it would be possible without 24 hours notice LOL. She was kind of difficult to talk to about this. We have been on this ship for 4 days (as of yesterday), with no option for the Adventure Ocean's nursery, that happens to be way cheaper than in room babysitting. So yesterday, after having kind of a rough day and wanting to go to the hot tub, I called guest services and explained how badly I wanted a babysitter. She was SUPER friendly and helpful. She put me on hold and talked to someone, and within 2 hours there were 2 babysitters at our door who spent the next 3 hours watching my baby sleep lol. Kind of expensive at $20/hr plus tip, but SO worth it.

I would love to see pictures of any scrapbooking kits and albums available onboard. You should be able to see them at the photo shop and/or the craft venue if past experience is any indication.

I just wanted to let you know that I didn't get the chance to but I will! Sorry for taking so long :)

[ATTACH]377878[/ATTACH]

I know how you feel. I loved checking out all of the artwork in the stairwells on the Oasis. Not taking the elevators got me exercise and much happiness looking at the photos and artwork. Thanks for your live reports... enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Everything sounds good!

Thank you very much for your post - we will be on the next cruise.

I have heard the puzzle room is also damaged - has it been fixed ?

Also have they said how long Adventure Ocean will be closed - I am going on board with two granddaughters.

I have been on Anthem - I was on the cruise that got extended by the snow storm - and love it - Enjoy your cruise.

Svillager

Hey. I actually have an answer for you today. The puzzle room is not damaged. I was there last night and it looks like it's in great condition! It even has a freestyle Coke machine in there too! I'll take a video at some point. I have thousands of pictures and videos already. This ship is absolutely AMAZING! It's hard to say anything bad about it.

Adventure ocean, from what I've heard, will be reopening on day 7 hopefully. I asked like 5 different people who all said the same thing.

They had those cookies at the counter between the two WJ entrances last month on Anthem but I don't recall if the cookies were hot and freshly baked. No doubt these were freshly baked at one time, whether these were out on the serving counter then is the real question . ;)

Usually my baby doesn't allow us out of our room around lunch (aka nap) time lol. However, I did ask room service and he said that yes, there are always freshly baked cookies in the windjammer.

Usually my baby doesn't allow us out of our room around lunch (aka nap) time lol. However, I did ask room service and he said that yes, there are always freshly baked cookies in the windjammer.

Then they certainly get cold quickly as the ones we got there last month were rarely hot or even warm. Maybe it was simply bad timing on my part. This gives me a reason to check it out and of course sample the wares in just over a week time when we're back on Anthem again. :D

Edited by robtulipe