Carnival Fantasy Itinerary Changed Due to Propulsion Problem; Kathy Griffin Show Canc

LauraS

• 3 weeks later...
Great deal!

Not really. Cruise was $20 more per person because of the journey and the cruise lost a day because of the issue.

Also a 3 day Bahama cruise is not as expensive as 4 day key west and cozumel. Consider the 25% is about $60 on a 5 day cruise so it was something, but not great. Maybe a break even but only if one chooses to give Carnival more money.

Not really. Cruise was $20 more per person because of the journey and the cruise lost a day because of the issue.

Also a 3 day Bahama cruise is not as expensive as 4 day key west and cozumel. Consider the 25% is about $60 on a 5 day cruise so it was something, but not great. Maybe a break even but only if one chooses to give Carnival more money.

A 4 NIGHT cruise is what was booked and 4 nights is exactly what these cruisers recieved.

I get the lost day, although I do not see where they lost a day (maybe 6 hours according to the one lady's comments).... but they got $50 OBC and the concert ticket refunded.

And the 25% off a future cruise could be significant if they book something longer/ with a nicer cabin. And plus... Carnival did them a favor as her shows aren't that great.:rolleyes: And Carnival reserves the right to change an itinerary. Definitely better than nothing. Life happens. I can see how some people are upset, though. I would be okay with this course of action if I was on the cruise.

Edited by d-lite-n-cruisin

I get the lost day.... but they got $50 OBC and the concert ticket refunded.

And the 25% off a future cruise could be significant if they book something longer/ with a nicer cabin. And plus... Carnival did them a favor as her shows aren't that great.:rolleyes: And Carnival reserves the right to change an itinerary. Definitely better than nothing. Life happens. I can see how some people are upset, though. I would be okay with this course of action if I was on the cruise.

You can only use the 25%on 2-5 day cruise. The ticket refunded was if you purchased one but the journey cruise does cost $20 more beyond the ticket. Not saying anyone deserves a free cruise out of this but carnival did bare minimum...if that.

You can only use the 25%on 2-5 day cruise. The ticket refunded was if you purchased one but the journey cruise does cost $20 more beyond the ticket. Not saying anyone deserves a free cruise out of this but carnival did bare minimum...if that.

Did not know the restrictions on the 25% off. My apologies. They (Carnival) should've cancelled the cruise before it ever left knowing they were having issues. Hope everyone can find a resolution they are happy with. Unfortunate....:(

Did not know the restrictions on the 25% off. My apologies. They (Carnival) should've cancelled the cruise before it ever left knowing they were having issues. Hope everyone can find a resolution they are happy with. Unfortunate....:(

Agreed. Those that are satisfied will go again, those that arent, will go away.

My husband and I were on that cruise as well as the one from Port Everglades. While we were not happy with the way Carnival handled the whole thing, we decided to make the best of it. It would have been worse for us if the cruise was cancelled. We only take one vacation during the winter and so we were just happy to be away from the cold and snow.

I think that had Carnival been upfront and communicated the problem with the ship earlier, the people waiting for hours might have been a little more understanding. My husband and I arrived at POM just after 11:00 am. We were not informed of the itinerary change until closer to 2:00 p.m. but we're in the lounge the whole time!

It was a wasted vacation day, waiting and waiting, and was an extremely long day but I think Carnival gave us a pretty good deal especially the 25% off a future cruise. However, I think everyone should have been given something to eat and drink. I felt so bad for the people with small children and babies, must have been an even longer day for them.

I was on that cruise. It is not the best "fix". Mechanical problems could have been handled so much better. Carnival is now admitting to mechanical/propulsion problems with that ship on that very trip which left out of Port of Miami on 2/22/16.