New to Oceania - confused about restaurant reservations

M&Dcruisers

We will be doing a seven-day Caribbean cruise this winter on the Marina, which means we get four of the specialty restaurants. Is picking the first night out a good choice for booking one of the specialty dining rooms? Having never sailed Oceania before, I am curious since my sister was just on the Regatta and mentioned that they had caviar on two of the nights in the main dining room, but hers was a 10 night cruise. That is actually one appetizer I would enjoy, unfortunately it seems hard to look at older menus, to try and figure out what might be served on which night especially on the seven night cruise.

QUOTE]

We booked red ginger the first night and it was fine.Look at your itinerary to see if there are any particular nights you want to watch sailaway or sunset.Or if you are likely to have a heavy port day,and work around that.

opening time can vary each day due to the port schedule, but Waves will generally open first, then the Terrace, then the GDR. The daily newsletter "Currents" distributed to your room each night will give the schedule for all dining and bars.

How early does the GDR open for breakfast? Waves?

Horizons & Barristas are open around 6-6:30 am with coffee & pastries if you need something before the others open ;)

Edited by LHT28

This thread should stay either bumped up to the top or become a sticky. With all the tremendous amount of information available within the three pages of threads, I don't see how it's possible for anyone to have an unanswered question about restaurant reservations on Oceania! :confused: All one would have to do is to read this thread instead of asking all over again! ;)

• 1 month later...
I'll be taking my first Oceania cruise in April. I have a Concierge class room and have made my allotted one reservation per speciality restaurant. Am I able to make additional restaurant reservations when I board the ship?

Terrace cafe has a podium where you can inquire every morning for possible spaces to the specialty restaurant - we have done this multiple times and it helps being really nice at that time, it works:)

Terrace cafe has a podium where you can inquire every morning for possible spaces to the specialty restaurant - we have done this multiple times and it helps being really nice at that time, it works:)

That is only true on the smaller, R-Class ships.

oceaniaregatta1250a.jpg
...these three +Sirena :o

On the larger O-Class ships, there is a dedicated Restaurant Reservations Desk in the Embarkation Foyer on Deck 5.

banner_oceania_cruises.png