Remarks by Frank Del Rio

gnomie1

This thread is haring off on an off-tangent topic. Yanking it back on topic am I: gnomie, I wasn't offended by FDR's comments about the best suite on Explorer. Yet those comments did strike me as nouveaux riche tacky.

Agree, the inclusion of a spa-space in the suite is a waste.

FWIW. Cipro [Ciprofloxacin] as well as allQuinolone antibiotics, are not effective against noroviruses.

It does however help with "Montezuma's Revenge." Unfortunately, if you have ever had norovirus you know the difference becasue you get a whole lot sicker.

j

Ha ha - can't believe that you posted on this thread instead of one of the four or so norovirus threads and I followed suit! Maybe Host Dan will remove these two off topic posts.:)

I wasn't offended. I found the remarks amusing. Right now Del Rio probably has a lot more on his plate than worrying about ship décor, as he should, but I do understand what Gnomie was trying to convey.

Agree that FDR has a lot on his plate but the Explorer is his "baby". He was in New York a few months ago selecting artwork for the ship. While not quite as hands on as he was for the Marina and Riviera, he remains very much on top of every aspect of the Explorer.

In terms of this thread, I really do not see the point of it.

Agree that FDR has a lot on his plate but the Explorer is his "baby". He was in New York a few months ago selecting artwork for the ship. While not quite as hands on as he was for the Marina and Riviera, he remains very much on top of every aspect of the Explorer.

In terms of this thread, I really do not see the point of it.

Then why pray tell do you keep reading and posting on this thread?

Personally I'm enjoying this thread! :)

Glad you are enjoying it:)!

I did not say that I was not interested in this thread - I was questioning what purpose an entire thread devoted to a negative comment about the CEO of Regent serves. On the other hand, it is good to see that almost every poster agrees that FDR's comments were not offensive or a reason to go to another cruise line.

I haven't cruised with Regent. But I've been following the thread because I'm interested.

I suspect that if the thread had been started by someone who was happy about some comments made by FDR, nobody would feel the need to question its purpose.

I haven't cruised with Regent. But I've been following the thread because I'm interested.

I suspect that if the thread had been started by someone who was happy about some comments made by FDR, nobody would feel the need to question its purpose.

I wish someone would start a "happy" thread. Actually, unless FDR was making a statement that impacted Regent cruisers - whether positive or negative - I would question the purpose. IMO, the article being referred to does not impact any of us and much of the same information can be obtained on the Regent website.

I just read the article, and while I am not personally offended by what del Rio said, I think he sounded rather sanctimonious and can see people being put off by it. If the ship is truly for "only the very rich", Regent could run out of passengers for it. Not every richest of the rich wants to cruise frequently, and Explorer does have some cabins (that were originally announced as singles) that are rather small; do the very rich want to sail in those?

Just my never humble opinion.

I just read the article, and while I am not personally offended by what del Rio said, I think he sounded rather sanctimonious and can see people being put off by it. If the ship is truly for "only the very rich", Regent could run out of passengers for it. Not every richest of the rich wants to cruise frequently, and Explorer does have some cabins (that were originally announced as singles) that are rather small; do the very rich want to sail in those?

Just my never humble opinion.

Agree with you and, as I posted earlier, I believe that FDR misspoke. While the Regent Suite, at a price tag of $10K per night, is probably for the richest Regent passengers, the other suites are not. We were able to book one of our least expensive cruises on the Explorer for next year -- the fare was lower than many Voyager cruises. So, I believe that his comment was only meant to be about one specific suite.