Another question.....

mykindaparty

Just got diagnosed with acute extreme asthma today and was put on 4 inhalers a day plus a pill and a nebulizer 3 times a day. My question is should I call special needs before my cruise in april for an extention cord or should I just bring one with me? Thanks for any advice.

Just got diagnosed with acute extreme asthma today and was put on 4 inhalers a day plus a pill and a nebulizer 3 times a day. My question is should I call special needs before my cruise in april for an extention cord or should I just bring one with me? Thanks for any advice.

I plug my CPAP in the outlet behind the bed ( need single 220 to 110 converter). Steward moves mattress and plugs in. No light by my side of bed, no extension cord needed. Put machine on couch.

Edited by texast518

We always bring an extension cord, but why do you need an extension cord? You would just sit at the desk, and use it.

However, I always had one on hand for my son, and the extension cord came in handy sometimes while traveling. We also had a power converter in the car, just in case also. However, in your stateroom, or hotel, you should not need an extension cord.

Not every ship's cabin is set up that way.
Never been on a Carnival that was not, but you are right to correct me, I carry a cord in machine case just in case, but it is nice if you do not have to have cord across floor. Looks like she sails Carnival mostly. Edited by texast518

Never been on a Carnival that was not, but you are right to correct me, I carry a cord in machine case just in case, but it is nice if you do not have to have cord across floor. Looks like she sails Carnival mostly.

I actually have only sailed on Fantasy class Carnival ships, and they have never been set up that way. Perhaps that is a feature of the newer ships?

Never been on a Carnival that was not, but you are right to correct me, I carry a cord in machine case just in case, but it is nice if you do not have to have cord across floor. Looks like she sails Carnival mostly.

Wow ... your 45th!! Congratulations!!

Yes ma'am Westbank we sure did and had a blast on the bar crawl in keywest. Hope yall are doing good. We have had alot of ups and downs but still beating the odds and still cruising.

So glad to hear things are okay. Last time we communicated things weren't so good. Glad to see y'all are still cruisin.

For years we traveled with the large & heavy nebulizer.

Then I found a website called just nebulizers, and ordered a battery operated one.

It is a little pricey, but I wish I had found this years ago! DH and DS both love it, and feel like it delivers medicine just as well if not better than the big machine. Also great when needed for long road trips (no need for adaptors / cords in the car) or trips to amusement parks, excursions off the ship, power outages, etc. Check it out!