Pre Cruise Hotel and day in Fort Lauderdale

tjmaher

I thought that I would find a threat on here for pre-cruise hotel stays in Fort Lauderdale, but I didn't (probably my eyes). BUT if anyone could recommend one I would great appreciate it.

Also, and recommendations for a day in Fort Lauderdale.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

We always like the Renaissance...good location and you can walk to the top of the drawbridge and get a great view of all the ships in port. I believe the hotel was remodeled a few years back.

It is most likely more expensive than some but worth it in our opinion.

We always stay at the La Quinta on 26th Street. They have free shuttles from the airport and there is a company in the hotel that sells shuttles to the pier. They also have a free continental breakfast. If you drive, they have free parking while you are on the cruise.

I agree with the Renaissance. Very nice hotel (it was a few years ago at least) and close to many things to see within walking distance. The Bemini Boatyard is right there and a great place for happy hour.:D

Last November, we stayed at the Drift Hotel.

(http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d7132255-Reviews-The_Drift_Hotel-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html).

It's a little "boutique" hotel about three or four blocks north of Las Olas Blvd and a block off of the beach. Cab from the airport was about $25 and about the same back to the Port. Easy walk to the night life (restaurants, bars) along the beach. Easy walk to the water taxi stop.

The hotel was very quiet, comfortable, tastefully decorated and very relaxing.

Edited by lax19

I thought that I would find a threat on here for pre-cruise hotel stays in Fort Lauderdale, but I didn't (probably my eyes). BUT if anyone could recommend one I would great appreciate it.

Also, and recommendations for a day in Fort Lauderdale.

All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The Pillars :)

Do be sure to check out the Florida Departures Board.

I would recommend Embassy Suites on 17th. Nice location. And they serve a terrific breakfast.

Keith

And don't forget about the happy hour!! Love this hotel as it is right next to a shopping center with a Publix and liquor store. Great place to get your snacks and wine for the cruise and anything else that you forgot to pack.