Drink Package Increase?

ktex1968

Interesting, our Allure cruise for August is showing the full price of $9 something for both adults and kids. Just a little jealous lol

That's so bizarre. Normally I wouldn't buy it this early. But with 3 kids, that's almost a $12 per day difference.

Edited by dcgrumpy

Drink Package on the Voyager.

Royal Refreshment: USD7.80

Royal Replenish: USD 19

Select : USD 39

Premium: USD49

Ultimate: USD 59

All prices have been converted from SGD To USD at a rate of 1.4 in favour of USD. Not including the 18%

Edited by WaveSplasher

My premium package for an April 4-night sailing on Indy has not gone up, and remains at $57.62 (which is $49/day plus 18% gratuities). The package has been in my cart unpaid for a week now, and the website is showing the same price for a new package as well.

My premium package for an April 4-night sailing on Indy has not gone up, and remains at $57.62 (which is $49/day plus 18% gratuities). The package has been in my cart unpaid for a week now, and the website is showing the same price for a new package as well.

If you are sure about getting the package, I'd buy it to avoid any price increase.

If you are sure about getting the package, I'd buy it to avoid any price increase.

I've been told in no uncertain terms that I should NOT get the package. That's from my wife, not these boards. We're doing a family cruise with our three year old, and the amount I'd need to drink just to break even, let alone make the package beneficial, is more than I'd likely be able to squeeze in.

Now if I were to get the package and then pass her a drink or two a day, then maybe it'd be beneficial to get it, but I know how well THAT goes over on this message board...

I agree. I went ahead and bought my soda package. I called and they said I could cancel so if the prices adjust again in my favor, highly unlikely, I can cancel and repurchase but if not then I am good. I had planned to just buy it day two so we shall see how it pans out.

I bought my Premium package for Europe on the Harmony and I paid $ 62.

Is that US dollars? I just bought my son's soda package and it was C$100.35 for the week (Harmony 7 day out of Rome in August). For fun (or to give myself a heart attack) I put in two ultimate beverage packages for hubs and I - C$1480!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

While we can certainly put away some drinks while on vacation, our past cruise spending patterns have never justified purchasing the package, so there is no way that we would spend that much in the week given that it's a port intensive cruise, we won't need the specialty coffees and are happy with the ship's water.

I don't know if they still do this, but on our last cruise we would pick a bottle of wine for dinner from their "specials" list in the MDR and always found something we liked at a price we were willing to pay. No diamond freebies here, but we still came out ahead.

I called today and bought our premium drink package for the old price. Royal had glitches in their system and I could not log in yesterday,,,,,,said Royal Caribbean is on vacation, try later. This price may only work if you are cruising in the next week, she said our cruise was not a spring break cruise. If you want the package, it costs nothing to try.:D On our cruise planner, the drink package today, was listed at the higher price...weird, and yes the package I bought does include the 18% grat.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

I called today and bought our premium drink package for the old price. Royal had glitches in their system and I could not log in yesterday,,,,,,said Royal Caribbean is on vacation, try later. This price may only work if you are cruising in the next week, she said our cruise was not a spring break cruise. If you want the package, it costs nothing to try.:D On our cruise planner, the drink package today, was listed at the higher price...weird, and yes the package I bought does include the 18% grat.

I called but was still given the higher price. The agent made a comment though that the packages maybe offered on a day by day basis on some sailings.

I called but was still given the higher price. The agent made a comment though that the packages maybe offered on a day by day basis on some sailings.

As I said, it doesn't cost anything to try, and don't buy on line yet. Even call back and talk to a different agent. Remember that there was a glitch in the system on Thursday and could not buy anything. I have the printout of what I paid at the lower price, but it is advertised at the higher price for my cruise in the planner.:cool: They should offer packages for sea days. We are really not looking to get "our moneys worth" actually looking for that all inclusive feeling and planning to try some drinks that we never had.:D

• 6 months later...
Is the new $64.90 price for the premium pack with the gratuity included? If so it means they increased the price $5 per day correct?

Per the Q&A, they eliminated the two top packages, and combined the into one package. You pay a little more for the cheaper one, or a little less for the more expensive one. The package includes specialty coffee, and also included coffee at the stand alone kiosk for Starbucks found on Oasis Class. Price went up, you got more....or the price went down, and you get the same. Some people are happy, others are not. The price is $55.00 plus tip. Also remember, the packages were on sale, so it seems like you are paying much more if you did not take advantage of the sale price at 20% off.

Also remember the price of anything, anywhere, can change overnight. This was an advance notice change.

If you already bought the package, and it was the cheaper one, you are upgraded. So in my case, I bought the package, w/o the coffee, and bought it at 20% off, and now, it will be upgraded at no charge, and I get coffee, which I really only drink black coffee but I guess, I can get an after dinner expresso now. :D