Sunshine Drydock

johnnyf0614

Any word if they will add Guys BBQ during this dd??

According to JH, the dry dock will be maintenance to the engines, propulsion parts, cleaning of the hull, new carpet, etc.. No mention of anything with the comedy club or the restaurants..

According to JH, the dry dock will be maintenance to the engines, propulsion parts, cleaning of the hull, new carpet, etc.. No mention of anything with the comedy club or the restaurants..

Odd bc maintenance dry docks are typically on 5 year intervals and it had not even been 3 years since the last major dry dock.

:confused:

Any word if they will add Guys BBQ during this dd??

I was looking at Cruisedeckplans.com and they show a Guy's Burger already on the ship. I hope this is right- we love Guy's burgers....can anyone say for sure? :confused:

I was looking at Cruisedeckplans.com and they show a Guy's Burger already on the ship. I hope this is right- we love Guy's burgers....can anyone say for sure? :confused:

Just off Sunshine yesterday. Guy's Burgers is on the Lido deck. Enjoy

Guy's BBQ!!!! not burger... new eatery going on some ships.

It's ashame they aren't adding Guy's BBQ during her dry dock, we would have loved to try it out!

I guess there really isn't much room for it.

According to poster #31, Guy's is on Lido deck. That's what Cruisedeck plans show too. They are some of the best burgers we have eaten! :o

According to poster #31, Guy's is on Lido deck. That's what Cruisedeck plans show too. They are some of the best burgers we have eaten!

The restaurant being discussed is Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ which will be on the new Carnival Vista and is being added to Carnival Magic.

What Sunshine and many other ships have is Guy's Burger Joint. Two different entities. Some (myself included) were hoping that the BBQ place would be added to Sunshine during her dry dock but that appears to not be the case.

Two weeks does seem long for routine maintenance though so hopefully there's some other new additions or positive changes. Magic's dry dock was two weeks and they changed A LOT.

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully there is more to her dry dock than what has been reported. We sail Sunshine not long after so we shall see!

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully there is more to her dry dock than what has been reported. We sail Sunshine not long after so we shall see!

I'm on the Journey's cruise in August (admittedly against my will, I previously said I'd never sail her) so I'm really hoping there are some great things in store.

When I booked our Sunshine cruise I did not realize it was the first coming out of drydock. I sure hope all is well/done.

It does seem like a long time for just "routine" maintenance...

Edited by bobsfamily

The restaurant being discussed is Guy's Pig & Anchor BBQ which will be on the new Carnival Vista and is being added to Carnival Magic.

What Sunshine and many other ships have is Guy's Burger Joint. Two different entities. Some (myself included) were hoping that the BBQ place would be added to Sunshine during her dry dock but that appears to not be the case.

Thank you for clarifying!

We cruised sunshine the first six months it was in nola and some of the carpet needed replacing then and it wasn't even a year out of her remodeled dry-dock.....so I can believe about carpet replacement.

I'm on the Journey's cruise in August (admittedly against my will, I previously said I'd never sail her) so I'm really hoping there are some great things in store.

we sailed her in Jan and enjoyed her very much - we sail her again right after dd so I'll post the changes we notice.

we sailed her in Jan and enjoyed her very much - we sail her again right after dd so I'll post the changes we notice.

Thanks, and good luck with your recovery! We don't sail her till next February, but I'm curious about what they end up doing during dry dock.

I will be on Sunshine in Nov and I would love to hear about all of the changes when you return. Also would love to know how the Charleston port is, this will be my first time leaving from this port.

Enjoy your cruise and thank you in advance.

I will be on Sunshine in Nov and I would love to hear about all of the changes when you return. Also would love to know how the Charleston port is, this will be my first time leaving from this port.

Enjoy your cruise and thank you in advance.

The Charleston port is phenomenal! Not the nicest, and it's pretty much an old warehouse. But the check in process is the fastest and easiest I've ever been through!

The Charleston port is phenomenal! Not the nicest, and it's pretty much an old warehouse. But the check in process is the fastest and easiest I've ever been through!

We live here (Charleston) and if the dang "blue-bloods" downtown would quit their bellyaching that Carnival is here instead of Celebrity or Oceania the new port could be built. BUT noooo, the old NIMB crowd is still going strong.

The check-in process inside the terminal building is pretty quick, getting inside can be a long and quirky to some, you have to ride a bus ("trolley") to the entrance, no walking up. Kinda strange but you are in Charleston and very little is done the same as anywhere else....