Haven Spa Suite

MickeyDs

Wife and I decided since it is our Honeymoon, to accept an up sell to the Haven Spa Suite. We took this one instead of the Haven penthouse balcony since there is a small jacuzzi and Spa access.

I've read a couple of reviews that state, since the Spa Suited are on deck 14 it seems like they get secondary service compared to other Haven guests. Is this just an overreaction? I was an executive driver several years ago, and am looking forward to receiving great service (and tipping accordingly). I still have the option to switch to the H5, so I'm wondering if it's really the case?

Either way, looking forward to my first cruise!

I know opinions on this board differ greatly, but I love staying the in Haven itself. I think being right outside of the Haven amenities, courtyard, bar, restaurant, lounge and concierge makes a big difference. I wouldn't stay outside in a Haven room outside of the Haven, although people that do tell me the service is still very good. I just think the best part of the Haven is the Haven.

No the spa suites do not receive any lesser service than the other Haven cabins. I enjoy the aft suites and always get good service. I tend to pre-book a lot, so really don't need the concierge, but will have the butler bring breakfast a couple of times. I also stay in balcony cabins and have to say the service has been excellent. I don't think you'll have any issues with the service.

The only issue with the spa suites is that unlike the other suites, there is no dining table. They have a small round cocktail table which is totally inadequate for dining. If you are on BA or GA the restaurant is only 2 flights up though!

Enjoy.

We've stayed in spa suites on Epic and Getaway, and we've been in other Haven suites as well. There is no difference in service at all, IMO. The spa suites offer access to the Thermal Area of the spa, which is where we hung out a great deal. We don't tend to sit by the pool on any ship, so we didn't use the Haven pool area as much, but it was available for us at any time. We got great service in the Haven restaurant and bar on both ships. So, no, I don't think there is any difference in service at all. The only difference is that the Haven is not right outside the door to your cabin. Have a great honeymoon cruise! I'm sure you will enjoy your Haven Spa Suite.

We've stayed in spa suites on Epic and Getaway, and we've been in other Haven suites as well. There is no difference in service at all, IMO. The spa suites offer access to the Thermal Area of the spa, which is where we hung out a great deal. We don't tend to sit by the pool on any ship, so we didn't use the Haven pool area as much, but it was available for us at any time. We got great service in the Haven restaurant and bar on both ships. So, no, I don't think there is any difference in service at all. The only difference is that the Haven is not right outside the door to your cabin. Have a great honeymoon cruise! I'm sure you will enjoy your Haven Spa Suite.

Quite honestly we never hung out in the Haven very much. While the courtyard is nice, the pool is pathetic, and I was never really interested in hanging out there. Probably because the aft balconies are so large.

Wife and I decided since it is our Honeymoon, to accept an up sell to the Haven Spa Suite. We took this one instead of the Haven penthouse balcony since there is a small jacuzzi and Spa access.

I've read a couple of reviews that state, since the Spa Suited are on deck 14 it seems like they get secondary service compared to other Haven guests. Is this just an overreaction? I was an executive driver several years ago, and am looking forward to receiving great service (and tipping accordingly). I still have the option to switch to the H5, so I'm wondering if it's really the case?

Either way, looking forward to my first cruise!

Are you on the GA? And what dates? If you don't mind divulging what you paid for the upsell, I would be interested. Thanks.

Are you on the GA? And what dates? If you don't mind divulging what you paid for the upsell, I would be interested. Thanks.

I'm on the Breakaway. I booked a Guaranteed Balcony for $849pp and was up sold to the Haven Spa for $500pp, hope that helps!

I know opinions on this board differ greatly, but I love staying the in Haven itself. I think being right outside of the Haven amenities, courtyard, bar, restaurant, lounge and concierge makes a big difference. I wouldn't stay outside in a Haven room outside of the Haven, although people that do tell me the service is still very good. I just think the best part of the Haven is the Haven.

I agree with above.

If price isn't too much of a factor and it is your honeymoon, I would take the cabin inside the Haven. I'm sure others will say cabins outside the Haven get same treatment and maybe they do, but YOU will have a different feeling of walking out of your cabin and actually being right in the Haven area. I've only stayed right in the Haven and I would think it is a very different feeling walking out of your cabin and actually being right there as opposed to walking out your door in a "common area".

If you really want the spa pass, just purchase it separately.

Let us know what you decide.

I agree with above.

If price isn't too much of a factor and it is your honeymoon, I would take the cabin inside the Haven. I'm sure others will say cabins outside the Haven get same treatment and maybe they do, but YOU will have a different feeling of walking out of your cabin and actually being right in the Haven area. I've only stayed right in the Haven and I would think it is a very different feeling walking out of your cabin and actually being right there as opposed to walking out your door in a "common area".

If you really want the spa pass, just purchase it separately.

Let us know what you decide.

If you read the thread at all, you would see he has decided. He was just asking about level of service, not a lecture on how he will feel when he steps outside his cabin. Jeesh, you should work for NCL marketing.

If you read the thread at all, you would see he has decided. He was just asking about level of service, not a lecture on how he will feel when he steps outside his cabin. Jeesh, you should work for NCL marketing.

LOL, yikes. I was trying to help. I'm reading while at work.

Thank you. You, too, have contributed a lot with this response.

Enjoy your weekend.

My preference is any Haven room located outside of the Haven. The Haven has many 2 bedroom suites which can mean lots of kids. I know this is unpredictable but I have found it can be very noisy and not always a quiet haven.

The spa cabins are not very far from the haven complex and come with the extra benefits of a private hot tub and the adults-only spa - perfect for a honeymoon.

Great upsell price! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My preference is any Haven room located outside of the Haven. The Haven has many 2 bedroom suites which can mean lots of kids. I know this is unpredictable but I have found it can be very noisy and not always a quiet haven.

The spa cabins are not very far from the haven complex and come with the extra benefits of a private hot tub and the adults-only spa - perfect for a honeymoon.

Great upsell price! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a spa cabin booked and hoping when it gets closer to get a great upsell price too! Congrats again!

No the spa suites do not receive any lesser service than the other Haven cabins. I enjoy the aft suites and always get good service. I tend to pre-book a lot, so really don't need the concierge, but will have the butler bring breakfast a couple of times. I also stay in balcony cabins and have to say the service has been excellent. I don't think you'll have any issues with the service.

The only issue with the spa suites is that unlike the other suites, there is no dining table. They have a small round cocktail table which is totally inadequate for dining. If you are on BA or GA the restaurant is only 2 flights up though!

Enjoy.

ive read about the small table and a tad disappointed as i've never had room service in my life and was looking forward to one meal in the room.

I'm on the Breakaway. I booked a Guaranteed Balcony for $849pp and was up sold to the Haven Spa for $500pp, hope that helps!

so you got H9 for 1349? WOW. over the next year the cheapest price i found it was 2099. if i knew i could save that much i would have booked the lower room lol. but gf said we would get a lot or use out of the spa pass and of course we have hot tub at home and know how good it will be to have one in our room. so we will deal with the smaller balcony and lack of eating table.

what date are you going?

The level of service you get really depends on your butler more than your location.

The best part of the Spa Haven suites is that they are the cheapest of the Haven rooms, and yet you get more for the money (access to the thermal spa area). Also, since it's your honeymoon, the big tub in the room could be fun ;)

If I remember correctly, there is a direct stairway from the spa to the haven, so you have a quick, private way to get up into the haven proper.

• 2 weeks later...

i found this on the NCL spa haven page:

You're right next to the spa entrance, easy access whenever you want to retreat and indulge.

i thought the spa entrance was upstairs and that only a 'secret exit' was on deck 14 across from room 14136