Saga

janecambridge

Look at the A-O board, Other Cruiselines

Yep, I'm afraid Saga is mixed up with the other small cruise lines at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=218

But because that forum is such a mish-mash of little cruise lines and needs a lot of scrolling, it's a forum not well-visited - note the paucity of replies on that forum :(

Ditto the RollCalls. :(

Is it a question you can ask on other forums, such as Ports of Call?

Or if it's very specific to Saga, try asking on this "ask a cruise question" board, which most folk visit.

Worst that can happen is that the moderators move it to the oblivion of "other cruise lines" ;)

JB :)

I think there is no board here because Saga is really a travel agency as well as cruise line. EM

I see your logic, yes it offers holidays as well as cruises. But also a stack of other services for Britain's older generation, from car insurance to investments.

But I think you'll find Saga doesn't have its own board because it's a tiny two-ship cruise line, about the same scale as Cruise & Maritime, Voyages of Discovery, Voyages of Antiquity, etc etc.

Thomson is also a travel agency - Thomson Cruises is just one arm, though they have more ships than Saga.

But I've never seen on Cruise Critic any references to the other arms of either of those two operators.

Errrrrr............ except that I've now done just that.:rolleyes:

Edited by John Bull

No personal experience, but this from the Berlitz bible:

Wide range of cabins in a multitude of price grades.

Quite spacious, illuminated closets, dark wood cabinetry with rounded edges, full length mirrors, TV/DVD, mini fridge, safe, hairdryer. Good insulation. Practical layout. Some have quirky table-lamps made from old Kodak Brownie & similar box cameras.

Most bathrooms have a deep tub, those with shower-only have large cubicles. Large toiletries cabinet.

It enthuses about the suites though they have lifeboat-obstructed views, but says that even standard lower-priced cabins are very comfortable, the ship having been designed for long voyages.

37,000 tonnes, about 700 passengers

Thank you.Im just interested in the cabins.Im mid fifties and we are only doing this because it is a sail around the Isle of Wight following 1700 boats as they race round...

The regular inside and outside cabins of the Saga Saphhire are among the largest in the cruising world at about 220 sq. ft. as befits the ship that was regularly the best cruise ship in the world when she sailed as Hapag Lloyd's Europa.

I sailed on her when she was with Pullmantur, and still consider her the nicest I've sailed.

Edited by Downdie

For the first time ever we have an inside cabin.I am a bit worried I may feel claustrophobic.It was on sale at a very good price with all inclusive.

From what I have read the ship sounds great and food very good...I know they have a lot of elderly disabled with strollers etc,but that does not bother me..I'm not cruising to judge people.But I had a few questions about the inside cabin really and any cabins to avoid.Im grateful for your responses,Thank you..