What Royal Caribbean did to a dying cancer patient...

loislanee

This is a heartbreaking story that is now getting media attention. Please avoid Royal Caribbean. I have sailed with them several times and usually loved them. But, when our friend Derek Kinner was diagnosed with lung and brain cancer, we chipped in to send him on his dream trip. He is not well-traveled and wasn't told to bring more than his driver's license, so he was not allowed to board. His health has quickly declined. Royal will not refund his money an only offered him 50% off on a future cruise, which he is too ill to do. His doctor verifies everything. Here is a television and news story on him. Please share. http://www.firstcoastnews.com/%E2%80%A6/man-dying-of-cance%E2%80%A6/57618972

#royalcaribbean #royalcaribbeaninternational

it is so sad that your friend did not get to enjoy his cruise. All cruise documents and the website for RC state exactly what documentation is required to board the ship. Did your friend have insurance on the cruise? I missed a cruise after being rushed to the hospital hours before boarding. We got all money back. A future cruise could be a weekend away. Is there any way your friend could make a cruise in the very near future? Wishing the best for everyone and I am so sorry for your friend's disappointment.

Is not supposed that cruise passengers in the US get their cruise documents and information by regular mail? So far I'm concerned that documentation explains the importance of bringing valid ID.

We don't get cruise documents by regular mail any longer unless we pay extra for them. It all comes by e-mail.

Is not supposed that cruise passengers in the US get their cruise documents and information by regular mail? So far I'm concerned that documentation explains the importance of bringing valid ID.

If the cruise line has your email address, it comes by email. If not, it is mailed to your agent who then mails it to the client.

Folks,

This is what I am talking about......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1346716/Airline-pilot-holds-plane-family-murdered-toddler.html

Its a choice. No, RCCL doesnt "have" to do anything, but they can if they want.

You can google the above linked story. It was in hundreds of papers, on cnn/fox/abc etc.....

There are examples within the story of both sides of this issue in that the airport wouldnt accomodate him with jumping the line (they didnt have too) but read what southwest did for them (they didnt have too and nothing was their "fault", they just did it because they wanted too and thought it was the right thing).

Frankly, I am shocked that RCCL didnt put this to bed with their statement (ie offering the $ back and good wishes to dying man) to the TV station AFTER the story aired rather than doubling down on sticking to their policy and broadening the controversy.

Edited by KevinKruzer