Escape disembark ?

LovetheCubs

We will be on our first cruise in may. We are considering renting a car out of Miami airport on our disembark day. We aren't in a rush to get off the boat but would also like to use our time wisely before we catch a late flight home. Is there a better time to get off the boat to avoid crowds and long waits?

Anyone know if there is a car rental company that has a shuttle to airport to pick up rental car? What would a shuttle like that cost?

I know Budget has a rental place near the port. Others probably have one too. You could always arrange to pick up there and drop off at MIA. There's often a charge, but may be cheaper than the shuttle costs.

Taxis from the port to MIA are a flat rate of $27. Unless you are a solo traveler, taxi is the cheapest

We're going to WDW after our cruise & rented a car from the Enterprise on SE 2nd Ave., very close to the port. We're planning on walking off during the 9AM slot & taking a taxi over. I feel like no matter what time you walk off you're going to encounter a wait somewhere lol

If you've rented a car to pick up at MIA, you will take that rental agency's shuttle for free to the airport when you disembark. We've done this with Thrifty and Avis, but I've seen the shuttles for every single rental company I can remember at the port. They all will pick you up and take you to their rental desk at the airport for no charge. There is a section for these shuttles that you will see when you disembark. Don't pay for a taxi or for a shuttle.

Alamo/National have several complimentary buses and vans going between MIA RCC and POM for their rental clients (they do check confirmations or return receipts).

We always rent our cars from Alamo at MIA when in Miami nowadays, on out first time with rental car there we used Hertz downtown for rentals before and after the cruise but the location has long lines and very inefficient service (they might not even have the car you booked).

Edited by Demonyte