Best Cruise Search Engine

mghmld

Hi all - I'm looking for advice on the best cruise search engine. I've looked at several and unfortunately one of the criteria I'd like to use for searching never seems to be available - return port.

Because my wife and I aren't fond of flying, we try to focus on cruises that, ideally, leave from AND return to Vancouver, which is close to us. Our second option is cruises that EITHER leave from, or return to, Vancouver.

The first is easy to find. The second seems impossible.

On a broader scope, we'd like to eventually get over to Europe. Since we're not crazy about the idea of a long flight over there, we'd like to find a Transatlantic cruise that either leaves from, or returns to, North America so we only have one (long) flight to deal with.

Again, the first is easy to find. The second seems impossible.

Any suggestions?

I have a terrific engine but it is a travel agency web site.

You can use something like the ships in port web site such as

http://cruisett.com/content.php

But it still requires a lot of work and is not always up to date.

Try to just google agency web sites and see if you stumble on one that does what you want. Like I said the one I use does so they are out there.

Or contact a TA and let them do the work for you.

Keith

Hi all - I'm looking for advice on the best cruise search engine. I've looked at several and unfortunately one of the criteria I'd like to use for searching never seems to be available - return port.

Because my wife and I aren't fond of flying, we try to focus on cruises that, ideally, leave from AND return to Vancouver, which is close to us. Our second option is cruises that EITHER leave from, or return to, Vancouver.

The first is easy to find. The second seems impossible.

On a broader scope, we'd like to eventually get over to Europe. Since we're not crazy about the idea of a long flight over there, we'd like to find a Transatlantic cruise that either leaves from, or returns to, North America so we only have one (long) flight to deal with.

Again, the first is easy to find. The second seems impossible.

Any suggestions?

What US return ports are you looking for? We might be able to point you in the right direction.

I use http://www.cruisetimetables.com. The 'return to' port is usually treated as a port of call/destination.

As far as transatlantic cruises go, the eastbound occur (usually) in April/May, and westbound anywhere from Sept. - Nov. For eastbound, using the same website, check all of the major east coast ports as departure ports, starting in April. the little map is the easiest way to see which are crossing the pond.

Those ships are going to return in the fall, so you might use the Cruise Ships tab and check on the itineraries of those same ships, starting in October.

There are a few exceptions to these generalities, and they can be found on this handy list:

http://www.cruisetransatlantic.com/cruises.html

And sometimes you can find an oddball round trip, such as Oceania Insignia 90 day from Miami in July and HAL Rotterdam R/T FLL 42 days leaving 28 Oct.

EM

You could go to the link at the top of the page FIND A CRUISE it does not have the return port filter but you could sort through them easily for ones leaving from Vancouver

As for Transatlantics you are going to have to fly to NYC, MIA, FLL most popular departure ports

Some may leave from Montreal or Quebec city

You could always take the train to the port

It is against CC rules to post sites that are operated by travel agencies which most of the search engines are

What US return ports are you looking for? We might be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks but it really depends on the situation we're in - usually west coast or northeast depending on what we're looking at. We'd just really like to find an advanced search engine where we can input return port as well as, or instead of, departure port.

I also find the dates option difficult in searching. I usually use Expedia but I can't seem to find out how to search, say, for all cruises in 2017 that leave from so-and-so. I can only do one month at a time. There just doesn't seem to be much flexibility for searching.

So overall I'm just looking for any recommendations for a really good cruise search site, or are they all just the same?