Royal Suite not listed under any of the new Suite Class categories?

MattInFLL

If you look at the new Suite Class information, a Royal Suite on Oasis class is not listed under any of the 3 levels, Star, Sky or Sea.

I'm not talking about the Royal Loft or Royal Family - the regular Royal Suite Deck 17, cabins 01 or 58. I just called Royal D+ desk and they said it was like a Royal Family so it would be a Sky class. They sounded like they were guessing.

Anyone out there with knowledge? Price difference would only approach being worth it if it also got to Star Class.

Thanks, and yes, First World issues :)

According to my TA, it's a Sky.

Looking at the descriptions, I would agree as well. Only the Lofts and 2 Bedroom AQS are getting the Star designation. Basically lofts are Star, suites are Sky, and Jr Suites are sea. (Yes, there are a couple of exceptions, but that appears to be the general rule.)

Thanks for the TA input. Since it's 1200 sf, and seems more over the top in its furnishings than a Crown Loft or Owners, etc, I thought there might be a chance it was in Star. I remember when the RS was the tippety top of the heap on a Royal ship. But not going to pay a lot more on a chance it could still be included...

If you look at the new Suite Class information, a Royal Suite on Oasis class is not listed under any of the 3 levels, Star, Sky or Sea.

I'm not talking about the Royal Loft or Royal Family - the regular Royal Suite Deck 17, cabins 01 or 58. I just called Royal D+ desk and they said it was like a Royal Family so it would be a Sky class. They sounded like they were guessing.

Anyone out there with knowledge? Price difference would only approach being worth it if it also got to Star Class.

Thanks, and yes, First World issues :)

They change the names 01 is a Owners loft suite and 58 is a Grand Loft suite, even though they are not lofts at all. I booked the GLS for our next Oasis cruise, and I hope it is as nice as I've heard . The OLS is a little larger that the GLS, but the GLS was only avail for the cruise that we wanted and it is 914 sf.

They change the names 01 is a Owners loft suite and 58 is a Grand Loft suite, even though they are not lofts at all. I booked the GLS for our next Oasis cruise, and I hope it is as nice as I've heard . The OLS is a little larger that the GLS, but the GLS was only avail for the cruise that we wanted and it is 914 sf.

Thank you - I see it now. The deck plans change after they implement Suite Class. But for Allure they say the plans change starting June 5, and when you call customer service, they say it starts in May. So I guess there is still no way to know for sure. (I'm sailing in May).:rolleyes:

Thank you - I see it now. The deck plans change after they implement Suite Class. But for Allure they say the plans change starting June 5, and when you call customer service, they say it starts in May. So I guess there is still no way to know for sure. (I'm sailing in May).:rolleyes:

The booklet I got in the mail on the new Royal class states "Launching May 2016," so please report back and enjoy!

Actually - I just noticed that the main pictures for Star Class in the online brochure are of the Royal Suite (1701 or 1758), not a Royal Loft.

Typically Royal - no consistency :)

I noticed that too.

So, a ROYAL SUITE is not among the top tier of their new ROYAL SUITE CLASS features?? :confused:

I just noticed one popped up for a sailing on the Allure in May (it was not there yesterday). I went ahead and "invested" $250 to hold it. It seems odd that a cabin that goes for (a 5-digit sum) would not earn their top tier perks.

While what I've seen image-wise of this cabin looks nice... I'm not laying down that kind of coin to get the same perks that a Grand Suite gets... not happening !

Tom

Very odd... The date I'm holding the RS.. or the GLS (or whatever the heck it is) is MAY 29th. I see, as you said, that the following sailing the names change...

I have until March 15th to find the answer.

Tom

Well actually you got the cabin I was looking at for the same sailing. So I guess you will be able to answer it better than I can. :) For your sake, I hope it does come with Star class. We have a CL already reserved and hope it will have the new Sea Class. But all the poking around I have done today has provided no definitive answers.

If the answer becomes "yes" then I will hope an SL or the OLS open up after final payment is due and then decide.

Edited by MattInFLL

Well actually you got the cabin I was looking at for the same sailing. So I guess you will be able to answer it better than I can. :) For your sake, I hope it does come with Star class. We have a CL already reserved and hope it will have the new Sea Class. But all the poking around I have done today has provided no definitive answers.

If the answer becomes "yes" then I will hope an SL or the OLS open up after final payment is due and then decide.

Small world!

Yes, I'd guess that a number of people will bow out once push comes to shove (final payment) - so plenty of reason to keep a daily check over the next couple of weeks !

Tom