Electrical Plug Outlets

fitoldguyinspeedo

Thank you but could you expound on that a little more. European plugs can differ from country to country or even by region. In accessing the link provided, which European plug would it be?

Just bring a power strip without surge protector and use US plug

Edited by lizardhowson

Thank you but could you expound on that a little more. European plugs can differ from country to country or even by region. In accessing the link provided, which European plug would it be?

I forgot to take pics but I found this one by searching. This is not my picture but it is what is in the rooms. It appears it's a combination.

341908cdc6f6a8bad214b929cc6ea203.jpg

I forgot to take pics but I found this one by searching. This is not my picture but it is what is in the rooms. It appears it's a combination.

If you're also going to use the 220---- most have the Euro outlet. A few of the older Fantasy class have a British outlet. Inspiration and Imagination have British. IIRC Paradise and Elation have European.

Thank you for the pic.

I have a Euro multi plug and a Euro USB plug, could not remember if the 220v was a two or three pin.

Edited by SadieN

• 1 year later...

Resurrecting this old thread to ask whether this (the Euro outlet) is what we get on Carnival Magic (as opposed to a UK outlet such as what Essiesmom stated was on Fascination).

Also, we get just one of these in a balcony cabin, or do we get two?

I've heard power strips with surge protection are forbidden, but non-surge protection are ok. We just have a tap with 2 usb outlets and 3 electric outlets. We just use it for charging ipads, ipods, walkie talkies & phones.

Resurrecting this old thread to ask whether this (the Euro outlet) is what we get on Carnival Magic (as opposed to a UK outlet such as what Essiesmom stated was on Fascination).

Also, we get just one of these in a balcony cabin, or do we get two?

I believe only the Fantasy Class ships have the U.K. outlet but I'm not 100% sure. Seems like the newer builds after them all have the ones in the pic or similar. Vista also has USB outlets. It doesn't matter what type of cabin you have, the outlets will be the same.

I've heard power strips with surge protection are forbidden, but non-surge protection are ok. We just have a tap with 2 usb outlets and 3 electric outlets. We just use it for charging ipads, ipods, walkie talkies & phones.

Regular powerstrips with no surge protection are allowed. Sometimes they might think it is even if it isn't and confiscate it. People have recommend bringing a brand new one in the original packaging.

Make sure your tap with 2 USB outlets and 3 electric outlets isn't surge protected. Many of them are and surge protectors in all shapes, sizes, and forms must not be used.

Regular powerstrips with no surge protection are allowed. Sometimes they might think it is even if it isn't and confiscate it. People have recommend bringing a brand new one in the original packaging.

Make sure your tap with 2 USB outlets and 3 electric outlets isn't surge protected. Many of them are and surge protectors in all shapes, sizes, and forms must not be used.

There really should be no confusion, as those with a surge protector are clearly marked somewhere on the power strip, usually on the backside opposite the outlets.

There really should be no confusion, as those with a surge protector are clearly marked somewhere on the power strip, usually on the backside opposite the outlets.

There shouldn't be a problem, but it's been reported on here that people have been questioned and in some cases their non surge protector powerstrips taken. So it's been recommended that they be in the original packaging in case it is an issue.

Guess I should replace my pic, as I had to move to Shutterfly:

enhance

Thanks for the updated pic.

We'll bring a long extension cord that has three outlets. And we'll bring a Euro pin outlet splitter, one of our better souvenir purchases. For the 220 we also bring plug adapters. All but one of our electronics are USB.

• 4 months later...

There will be a hair dryer. If it’s like all the other cruise ship hairdryers we’ve encountered, it’ll only be good for short, fine hair.

The bathroom outlet is for shavers. Some have used usb wall warts in them. Nothing stronger because the bathroom is a wet room.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums