Can You Get a Full Refund for Excursions Booked

deus

I am going on Insignia August 9-28 London to Rome and have booked 13 excursions with Oceania. Five were the free excursions from Oceania and eight are ones I have paid for. If I cancel an excursion can I get a refund? My travel agent says that I received a package and discount and that when on board the ship I would not be able to get a refund. If however, it is before the cruise I could get a full refund for the excursions. This is my first cruise with Oceania so I am not sure what actually is correct. I really don't trust my travel agent all that much - unfortunately.

Thanks

Your TA is partly right.

You can cancel your excursions before you board (up to a certain time) and get a full refund on your credit card. If you cancel excursions onboard - provided you do so before cancellation deadline - you will get REFUNDABLE OBC that you can cash out.

Caveat - for packages (usually 5 tours with 25% discount) you cannot cancel them but you can change as long as you keep the minimum 5 booked. The ones over the 5 minimum can be cancelled.

This is my understanding - if I am wrong, I am sure someone will correct me.

PS If you don't trust your TA, perhaps it is time for a change? :)

Edited by Paulchili

Thank you Paulchill for the information. This was my first time using a travel agent as we have only been on 3 other cruises. It is has been quite frustrating not dealing with things for myself. Also not getting accurate information most of the time, unless I persist in getting this person to ask Oceania again and again.

There are many advantages to using a (good) TA to book your cruises vs directly with a cruise line - you will get many other benefits, discounts, PPG, OBC, etc and hopefully better service.

As we cannot recommend TAs here, why not ask some of your fellow cruisers on your next O cruise as to which TA they use.