Duty Free on RCCL Queensland Cruise

With no well known duty free ports providing duty free competition do RCCL take the opportunity to inflate their duty free liquor prices or do they maintain their normal price structure?

We got back on 18th Feb off Radiance and the best buy was the first night 10% off all Duty Free grog...we grabbed 2x1l bottles of Jim Beam White and 2x1l bottles of Absolute Vodka for $58US. Approximately $22Au per bottle...which we thought was worth buying...the Jim Beat White sold out the next day...:confused:

Note that any cruises that do not visit an international port there will be no duty free alcohol or cigarettes but they will have the clothing, bags, perfume, cosmetics, jewellery, watches and other miscellaneous items.:D

I don't know if they all do it but RCCL drop the anchor off Willis Island for about 20 minutes to conform with the duty free requirements.

Willis Island is a very small island with a weather station, check out the BOM weather radar, and I assume it is in international waters.

Edited by linanles

With no well known duty free ports providing duty free competition do RCCL take the opportunity to inflate their duty free liquor prices or do they maintain their normal price structure?

If you are doing a cruise that visits an international port (Willis Island included) than theoretically you could buy duty free prior to the cruise from any of the duty free stores in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane. As long as you have the ticket and the passport. I wouldn't think RCCL would be shifting prices around too much for individual cruises, even if they may change them along the way on a trans pacific cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

I did this cruise a couple of years ago.

Yes duty free alcohol is available if going via Willis Island (but no TRS duty free rebates available).

Prices for alcohol was exactly the same as my cruise in January on voyager to NZ.

Get in early if you want a choice of alcohol as it does sell out quickly.