Just back from freedom, beautiful cruise

We just arrived back on Sunday from a very nice cruise.

Eastern Caribbean, wanted to let people with kids to know that the parade was on day one at 5:15 till 5:30.

A very good parade, my granddaughter loved it . She is 5 years old. But it only played one time. Most people missed it because day one you have just got into your cabin and have not really looked at compass yet.

I tried before leaving to find out the schedule of parade but no one knew so that is why I am writing.

Any questions, just ask...

I've never done Coco Cay on a ship larger than Majesty. I was considering taking Freedom on an eastern cruise, but when she moves to Port Everglades I don't know if she will stop at Coco. Anyway how was tendering, were you able to get to shore in a reasonable time?

What time did you get into St. Thomas? The itinerary says noon, but have heard conflicting answers.

Any yes, anything on Voom?

We just arrived back on Sunday from a very nice cruise.

Eastern Caribbean, wanted to let people with kids to know that the parade was on day one at 5:15 till 5:30.

A very good parade, my granddaughter loved it . She is 5 years old. But it only played one time. Most people missed it because day one you have just got into your cabin and have not really looked at compass yet.

I tried before leaving to find out the schedule of parade but no one knew so that is why I am writing.

We were also on the Freedom, disembarked Sunday. We had a fabulous time! Hope you did also! What were your favorite parts?

We tried to do a bit of everything, and loved Paradise Pier Skyway on St. Thomas, as well as the beautiful BBQ lunch on Coco Cay and the airplanes landing over Maho Beach on Sint Maarten. What great weather we had, huh?!

We're still trying to get over cruise withdrawal!

Will be sailing in May on the freedom same Itinerary. How do you sign up for the ice skating shows? Will make sure we get to the parade on 1st day. We have never sailed on the Freedom, any other suggestions will be greatly appreciated, There will be 6 of us with 2 grandkids. Did you take tour from ship to Maho Beach or go on another tour group? Thank You

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

To answer some questions.

I did not have Internet and know nothing about voom..

We only shopped and walked around in st Thomas. Arrived at 11:00am.

Did Bernard's tour 2 in st martin , worth the price .

No problems tendering to coco cay.

Had exceptionally beautiful weather.,this is only my second cruise, first was enchantment 2 years ago .

My only complaint was not enough music on this ship compared to enchantment.

I loved on that cruise that the r bar had lovely music by ochester every night before dinner. Very classy.

Ice show is just show up, no reservations. Went to the first one, no problem to get in.

There were two comedy shows, the first one was really funny.

Check, check and double check on parade time, it was one of the only things we were looking forward to (we were with the Legends of rock group) we asked when it was, we were told it would be the last day at 5:15, we checked with guest services again and we were told the same thing, we went down early on Sat. to get a good spot to watch and there was nobody around, we asked at Sorrentos what time the parade was and they said "it was yesterday" can't tell you how disappointed we were.

Also, we always have a blast at CC meet and greets on NCL and always enjoy meeting the officers and asking questions, and meeting up with everyone from the roll call, we attended the one on the Freedom and the only one there was the asst. CD and all he did was read the daily compass, they did have a drawing and we won wine, but we never really got to mingle, venue was not conducive to mingling, we could have tripped over someone on the roll call during the cruise and wouldn't have known them so be sure and make an effort to actually meet your fellow cc'ers.

We tried to do a bit of everything, and loved Paradise Pier Skyway on St. Thomas, as well as the beautiful BBQ lunch on Coco Cay and the airplanes landing over Maho Beach on Sint Maarten.!

Thank you to you and the OP for these reports on the FOS. Will be on the same April 3rd sailing as silvermcs.

Could you give a few details on the excursions that you mentioned above?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!!! Very important question - how were the mattresses? [emoji16]

Yes...inquiring minds want to know about the beds! I slept like a baby last year on vision but recent posts have me panicking a bit!

I'm sailing on march 20! Can't wait! Would love a compass is you have them! Jane

Make sure to sign up for the meet and mingle. I have never been to one and I am getting excited about this one if we can get 25 people!!!!

There are 5 of us going on the same sailing!!!! Just registered for the meet and mingle...so, we are up to 27 now :)....this will be our 4th time on the Freedom...love this ship!!!! Now I need to go and register on the Roll Call!!!! :D

Sheila

There are 5 of us going on the same sailing!!!! Just registered for the meet and mingle...so, we are up to 27 now :)....this will be our 4th time on the Freedom...love this ship!!!! Now I need to go and register on the Roll Call!!!! :D

Sheila

This will be our first on Freedom and third cruise total. We did Navigator the first time. Super excited about the cruise!!

This will be our first on Freedom and third cruise total. We did Navigator the first time. Super excited about the cruise!!

We have been on the Navigator before too...You will absolutely love the Freedom!!!! :)

Sorry for the slow responses but we are still on vacation in Florida and I have very slow internet here.

We only took a tour in st martin and it was Bernard's tour. Very good. Look them up . Google Bernard's tours,st marten for more info. We took tour number 2.

The beds... I emailed first asking for eggcrates,they replied it would be done.

When we got onboard no eggcrates. But we tried it like they were and found them fine, mind you both me and hubby like harder beds. My daughter and son in law in adjoining cabin do not and my daughter found it hard on back. She asked for something to be done and nothing was. She ended up making her own solution by putting duvets that were stored under beds,on top and lying on that which she says was fine.

I took photos of what was there, but do not know if I can post them now with only my iPad. The photos show bed , then mattress, then a double layer of a quilted pad. Not sure if that was because I asked for something or if all beds have this.

We were in rooms 9300 and 9302. Very nice rooms. Mid ship.

image.jpg.23c16b8c6bd5fd6f75441ab6f91c667a.jpg