Shame on you..........ncl

If I was the OP, I would simply cancel the beverage packages for the children and use that saved money to purchase virgin drinks for them. There are more than enough free drinks for children on the ships - iced tea, lemonade, flavored water and plain old water.

Either the agent made a mistake, or you misunderstood. The teen beverage package is only $7.50 a day, and I suspect one virgin drink would come close to that. Why would NCL include virgin drinks in the package for that small amount of money?

Ten or so years ago, NCL sold a smoothie book for teens, with a limited number of coupons. However, that's long gone. The soda package is good for - soda.

Booked an April 3 cruise out of New Orleans. At the time of booking NCL agent told me kids would get ultimate soda package. Confirmation from NCL said "Ultimate Soda Beverage Package." In fact an NCL agent even said to me on the phone it included Virgin Pina Coladas. I looked on NCL website today and there is no ultimate soda beverage package. Called agent and asked her to explain what this package included and she said it included only fountain soda and watered down juice. This is really what they call the "kids soda package." I am very disappointed NCL would pull a "bait and switch" like this. That's just a dirty trick NCL, shame on you. This is my first time on NCL and perhaps my last. Carnival, Royal Caribbean, MSC, Princess, and even Disney have never pull dirty tricks like this.

You say the " kids would get" . Was this part of a promo..like the one that has been running in different incarnations for 18 months? If it is, indeed, a perk, than call back and change the adults to UBP, once on board have the kid order a soda and give it to you, and you get a virgin drink and give to the kid. It is not stealing or sharing. Just trading- free market!I do, however, found it difficult to grasp how a computer-generated, automated list of amenities actually stated Ultimate Soda Pkg.

Also, the virgin kid's drinks are about 5 bucks. Splurge!! Why so stressed??? ITS A VACATION!!!!

I truly hope that you can get beyond this and enjoy.

AM

It is a principle thing and more a concern as to what else is going to be different than advertised. Are the cost of smoothies important? yes. I have three teenagers so expect 2-3 a day times 7 adds up. So we are talking potentially 30-50 smoothies at $5 to $7 a pop. It is extra expense that to be honest was explained, sold and confirmed was already paid for. I am a bit pissed that NCL has given several answers to one questions. either it is included or not just tell me up front at point of sale.

NCL has explained to me the ultimate beverage package for under 21 doesnt include virgin smoothies as in pina coladas.......are you saying it does include virgin smoothies??

There is no Ultimate Beverage Package for under 21. There is a Soda Package for under 21 that includes soda, not smoothies.

NCL has explained to me the ultimate beverage package for under 21 doesnt include virgin smoothies as in pina coladas.......are you saying it does include virgin smoothies??
Yes, the Ultimate Beverage Package includes virgin drinks, but and this is a big BUT, there is not an Ultimate Beverage Package for those under 21.

The soda package does not include virgin coladas. But my understanding is that you and other adults have the UBP. So what is being suggested is that you use your UBP and get your kid a virgin colada, bring it back to the table or pool and give it to them, and then go get yourself an adult beverage.

I was really trying to be nice on my first post and give said OP the benefit of the doubt, but given the new snarkiness, I will kindly inform you of the truth now. This is all a big ruse by Norwegian Cruise Line to absolutely RUIN your vacation before it EVER starts. The suits over there at Norwegian Cruise Line gathered up all their fine people in the bait and switch department, had a big meeting, where MASS quantities of the Garden Cafe "coffee" (sh*t could sink a ship, really.....) and decided the YOU were their next bait and switch victim.

Sorry but you poor attitude towards people that were trying to help you is as ridiculous as my post.

the ultimate package was described and sold to me as including smoothies, and today looked on website and there is no ultimate soda package, i called NCL to ask what the ultimate package was and after checking with her supervisor was told it include fountain soda NO smoothies......hence B & S

Yep, I now seem to recall that's the way it was listed on our Breakaway confirmation last summer. This must have been the norm when the Soda Package was included as part of the UBP promo for passengers 3 and 4. We never had any confusion as to what was included... terms and conditions seemed rather clear.

Enjoy your trip, OP.

the ultimate package was described and sold to me as including smoothies, and today looked on website and there is no ultimate soda package, i called NCL to ask what the ultimate package was and after checking with her supervisor was told it include fountain soda NO smoothies......hence B & S

There has only ever been one type of soda package on NCL, and it only includes soda. NCL can call it whatever they want, but it has never included smoothies, frozen drinks, specialty coffee, bottled water, juice - just fountain soda.

If the agent told you other things besides soda were included, that person made a mistake. I'm sure it wasn't intentional. If you no longer wish to spend $7.50 per day on the soda package, cancel it, no biggie.

That's not really a bait and switch then... that's just wrong information provided by a cruise consultant who was misinformed. And aren't these the "freebies" thrown in by the cruiseline? If you are so unhappy with it, then you are welcome to switch to another free offer.

As far as the "principle".... blah blah blah... you just need to read the fine print. I was very skeptical at their "free" offers and it should be fairly obvious to everyone who wasn't born yesterday that nothing is really free. With the UBP you still end up paying $80 in tips, and for someone like my wife or my mother-in-law that don't drink at all and don't want the extra calories from all of the fruit smoothies, that's a lot of money to pay for something they wouldn't use much.

Not Bait and Switch... as I stated previously, for better or worse NCL has a way of changing the name of the package based on where it appears. The name you see on your confirmation was used when the Soda Package was included as part of the Ultimate Beverage Package (traditionally for guests #3 & 4, but maybe in your case as an alternative for guest #2).

If you had read the terms and conditions of the package at the time of booking, you would recognize that you're getting what was promised to you.

I am not trying to figure out ways to cheat the system, i just want what i paid for

Sorry, I misunderstood in my above post. I didn't realise you had paid for this, instead of just accepting a free offer.

You can't get what you "paid for" because there is no such offer available. You can argue all you want with NCL about being misinformed but I don't think they are going to give you or sell you what you want.

If after being told what the policy is, you are welcome to cancel it. This isn't Target, where you argue with Customer Service that you bought sheets that were advertised as 100% cotton but when you went to the store, they were actually 100% polyester, so you keep on harrassing them until they just give you the 100% cotton. Sounds like that's what you want NCL to do.... and I can pretty much say... AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN.