Stockholder OBC request timing?

cruiseintoheaven

Princess booking support is still providing excellent turn-around time.

Faxed in my request today at 10:30 am and when I checked at 12:30 pm, the OBC was in my cruise personalizer.

Thanks Princess!!!

Princess booking support is still providing excellent turn-around time.

Faxed in my request today at 10:30 am and when I checked at 12:30 pm, the OBC was in my cruise personalizer.

No they aren't. I faxed in my request on February 5th along with my sister's request. My sister's OBC was applied but mine wasn't. Impossible as they both were sent in the same fax. I made a copy along with a copy of the fax confirmation and mailed it in. It's finally applied almost a month later. IMHO, poor service. :( I'm not a happy camper.

How do you know when it is accepted?

I asked for an email acknowledgement of acceptance but never received one. I found out mine was processed by looking online at the cruise personalizer and clicking on payments & credits. It took four days.

Mike in Ohio

Edited by Bru92

On our last two cruises Nov 2015 and Jan 2016..............stock credit was in personalizer in about 2-3 hours

our next cruise in 2 weeks it took almost 3 days to appear.....I called because it took longer than the last 2 times and they told me they were just working on the faxes for the day before I sent mine

I'm a little concerned about the requirement that the proof of ownership has to be dated less than 90 days before the cruise. My brokerage only issues statements quarterly, so my last statement will be more than 90 days old by the time I cruise, and I won't get the next statement in time to send it in (cruise is very early April). I wonder how strict they are about the 90 day rule :confused: I'm not sure what else to do. Just pulling up my account on the web doesn't help, because my name is nowhere on the page. :(

If you explain to them that your statements are quarterly, they will probably accept it. Or put your counterfeiting skills to the test and fake the date on the statement you have. :p

There is no way for them to check the authenticity of the documents that people fax in, so I'm sure they don't bother. The only thing they can do is look you up in the list of shareholders, and your name will be there.

See also:

Quarterly Brokerage Statement / Shareholder OBC

Shareholder OBC

HELP! My online broker only issues quarterly statements..need for Shareholder credi

If you explain to them that your statements are quarterly, they will probably accept it. Or put your counterfeiting skills to the test and fake the date on the statement you have. :p

There is no way for them to check the authenticity of the documents that people fax in, so I'm sure they don't bother. The only thing they can do is look you up in the list of shareholders, and your name will be there.

See also:

Quarterly Brokerage Statement / Shareholder OBC

Shareholder OBC

HELP! My online broker only issues quarterly statements..need for Shareholder credi

Thanks for those links. Looks like I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm going to go ahead and send them my December 31 statement tomorrow and see what happens. I still have a little bit of time to get this worked out, but hopefully I won't need to jump through too many hoops.

I'm a little concerned about the requirement that the proof of ownership has to be dated less than 90 days before the cruise. My brokerage only issues statements quarterly, so my last statement will be more than 90 days old by the time I cruise, and I won't get the next statement in time to send it in (cruise is very early April). I wonder how strict they are about the 90 day rule :confused: I'm not sure what else to do. Just pulling up my account on the web doesn't help, because my name is nowhere on the page. :(

They are strict about the 90 days.

Can you call and get one?

If not doesn't sound like a very customer friendly company. :(

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Just try faxing your request with your last statement (probably Dec.?).

I haven't found them to be too strict with the dates.

I just received my shareholder OBC, with a Jan. 31st statement, for an early May cruise.

Edited by Mingus

They are strict about the 90 days.

Can you call and get one?

If not doesn't sound like a very customer friendly company. :(

they said they would send a letter, but I read in another thread that Princess didn't accept that :(

I'm going to just play dumb and send the December statement, keeping my fingers crossed.

Just try faxing your request with you last statement (probably Dec.?).

I haven't found them to be too strict with the dates.

I just received my shareholder OBC, with a Jan. 31st statement, for an early May cruise.

That's great to hear :)

they said they would send a letter, but I read in another thread that Princess didn't accept that :(

I'm going to just play dumb and send the December statement, keeping my fingers crossed.

Be sure to black out all personal and non-pertinent details.

Sorry, I was only relating my actual experience which as I said was some time ago. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and I think once again I will just forget about cruise critic don't know why I ventured into it again. Again hope everyone enjoys their cruise as I will mine.

Sorry, I was only relating my actual experience which as I said was some time ago. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers and I think once again I will just forget about cruise critic don't know why I ventured into it again. Again hope everyone enjoys their cruise as I will mine.

Why get offended when people post their experience as well?

This is the internet and a discussion board. Its not just cruise critic its all sites like this where you will get the same type of responses.

No need to take anything here personally. I just laugh and blow it off. :cool:

HOLY COW!

Faxed my request today. Got the OBC today. It's showing up in my booking already.

Wowza, that was fast :eek:

I sent them my Dec 31 statement along with a screen shot of today's balances. I blacked out everything but my name, the last four of the account number, and the CCL info.

I'll wait until I get my March 31 statement to send it in for the next cruise which isn't until late May. There won't be any 90 day issues with that one, thankfully. Although, it appears there weren't any issues with today's request either :p :D

I'll wait until I get my March 31 statement to send it in for the next cruise which isn't until late May. There won't be any 90 day issues with that one, thankfully. Although, it appears there weren't any issues with today's request either :p :D

You could probably fax in this request now.

I just faxed an OBC request this morning at 9am and when I checked at 10am, it was already in my personalizer.

Thanks again, Princess booking support!!!

I only get statements online every 90 days as well. I find that I can bring up my position statement and my name, while not "on the statement" is clearly displayed in the upper left corner of my screen. (Scottrade). I just take a "snip" of the page and print that. It has worked well for me.

As for checking if the OBC has been applied, there is a specific phone number you can call and they will check for you. When I've called to check they have located my request and then immediately applied it and sent email confirmation.

Fax: 661 753 0180 (For Sending Shareholder OBC Info)

Tel: 800 872 6779 ext. 30317 (For Confirming OBC Fax Has Been Received)

• 4 months later...

My TA recently sent mine in for me....not only for my more recent cruise but for all of the cruises I had booked. I received an email back from Princess telling me to re-submit all of them no sooner than 90 days prior to sail date. I'd only recently purchased the stock and was 7 days prior to sailing and they applied the credit that day. Easy peasy....