Intrigued by yacht club but questions

ginger123snaps

We have never sailed MSC, but I am liking what I see in regards to the yacht club. We have sailed in the 2 bedroom Family Haven suites on NCL and LOVE the experience. Some questions

1. Any of the yacht club rooms sleep a family of 5 (my boys are 8, 8, and 7)

2. Gratuities the same as other cruise lines?

3. Any feedback on their kids clubs would be greatly appreciated...I'm not seeing much here

4. If we sail out of Miami...do you typically see just americans onboard or is there a big variety in nationalities?

5. When we sail the Haven....drink packages, speciality dining, and a couple of other perks are generally included...how about on MSC?

Edited by ginger123snaps

427cd7b605e7a1ad5365fec7a9e568c5.jpg

acee5514b0ef8542e44d3fb13348e808.jpg

You should be fine with the family suit as it has pull out beds that could accommodate your boys.

I would say that the majority of Miami based cruisers would be US citizens but I'm sure you will get a mix of nationalities.

YC you get all food and drink, all inclusive, butler, plus dedicated restaurant, free mini bar re stocked daily and everything you could want. Just ask and it will be done. Anything outside the YC will not be all inclusive and you will have to pay, but once in the "ship within a ship" you won't want to leave.

Anthony & Jenny, Melbourne Australia

Cruised MSC YC 7th June 2015, Mediterranean.

Booked MSC Meraviglia in YC 19/6/17

Don't forget YC only hot tubs, Pool and solarium, top sail bar, food (yes more food)

PLUS the YC lounge with Food, bar, piano lounge, afternoon "High Tea", it goes on and on. YC only concierge for bookings and reservations of any sort. Your Butler will answer any requests that he can help you with.

You will love it. [emoji6]

[quote name=

[/quote]

US $12 per day pp (I think)

We have never sailed MSC, but I am liking what I see in regards to the yacht club. We have sailed in the 2 bedroom Family Haven suites on NCL and LOVE the experience. Some questions

1. Any of the yacht club rooms sleep a family of 5 (my boys are 8, 8, and 7)

3. Any feedback on their kids clubs would be greatly appreciated...I'm not seeing much here

4. If we sail out of Miami...do you typically see just americans onboard or is there a big variety in nationalities?

5. When we sail the Haven....drink packages, speciality dining, and a couple of other perks are generally included...how about on MSC?

*Kids Club is amazing. My little one never wanted to leave.

*Many many nationalities on board. In my 7+ cruises in the YC on Divina, Americans were in the minority. Lots of Europeans...very nice to hear so many different languages.

*Do not think any YC suites hold 5, including the family suites of which there are only a few and they go really really fast...I believe the max is 4. I would definitely call MSC or your TA and ask.

Yacht Club is NOT to be missed. Amazing experience!

Edited by kathiean

Thank you for those that have answered. Will I see many kids in the Yacht club?

Not many. My little one was the ONLY child in the YC September, 2014 which was NOT a holiday sailing. There were 3 or 4 December 2014 and April 2015 which were all holiday cruises. This past December on the New Year's Eve cruise there were 10...all from the same family! But oh my goodness they were SO well behaved. That's the thing...if there ARE kids in the Yacht Club their behavior has been exemplary! You need not worry at all! :)

I have read the reviews of the Davina and how it has not met some peoples standards for a great cruise. But for me, cruising is a chance to try new things and that is why I booked a YC Seaside cabin.

I would bet that a lot of those negative reviews are from overly sensitive people that are impossible to please. We recently sailed on the NCL Getaway and had a great time, but there were tones of reviews from people bitching about the size of the pool?! Do people not do any research before booking or sailing a particular ship?

As for MSC I am excited to try what they have to offer... with an open mind.

I booked MSC Seaside yacht club and it looks great....its just an unknown company brand to me...it helps to hear positive feedback from passengers that have sailed the more mainstream cruise lines in the US.

I agree with you. But by looking at your cruise signature you have been around the block a few times. Lol.

I think they YC will be great

I'm on the Divina in a Fantastica balcony this May, and have booked an inside Yacht Club on the Seaside for May,2018, The ship looks awesome, and the Yacht Club sound amazing. Most of the reviews on the Yacht Club have been more than positive. The price for an inside made it very attractive.

I'm on the Divina in a Fantastica balcony this May, and have booked an inside Yacht Club on the Seaside for May,2018, The ship looks awesome, and the Yacht Club sound amazing. Most of the reviews on the Yacht Club have been more than positive. The price for an inside made it very attractive.

We are cruising in May 2018 also. We are the week of May 12th and booked a YC interior also. What week are you sailing?

Is it customary to tip the butler and concierge on top of the $12 per person per day?

And if so, how much would they expect?

We have always tipped additional. It does vary as does service of course. I have tipped our favorite bartender $100 for the week between the 2 of us we spend an awful lot of time at the bar including port days and in the YC remember normally they would get 15% on every drink but the drinks are included. An extra $50+ for our Butler depending on how much we depended on him.

Remember that $12 per day gratuity is split between several people.

Do you have to give extra, no but just think about the service you are receiving.

Absolutely! And bradleyk, you are more than welcome to come and join us in our cabin for a drink!

Thanks to free mini bars in the YC! I was looking at your cabin layout on msc and it looks incredible.