For the Record - Brat Pack – Age Appropriate?

ICruztoo

I am sailing on the Escape on March 19th. I know the show schedule has changed where starting with the April 9th sailing, the show will not be a dinner show but in the main theatre. For my sailing it is still part of a dinner show.

My question is this, at least at some point I saw that the show was rated PG14, or something along those lines. I don’t see that disclaimer on the NCL website any longer. Does anyone know if the show itself has changed? Growing up in this era I think this would be a show I would really like, but was hesitant to bring my 10 year old due to the “rating”.

Has anyone seen the show, particularly those with younger children, which might be able to shed some light as to what might not be appropriate for younger children? Also, does anyone know if they changed the format to make it “PG-Everyone” in light of it changing to the larger theatre?

Not sure if it's changed since our 1/30 sailing, but it was listed as PG16 in the dailies with a good description of content...

b48e081b8933e87ec90e38507bb0ef78.jpg

I doubt they're filtering it much for the transition to the main theatre, considering they didn't for Rock of Ages on the Breakaway.

Gf's 13 year old son loved For the Record - most questionable content was suggestive.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the show is now rated PG-14 or PG-16. It was really well done, but there is swearing (including the F-word). Not a lot of it, but it's there.

There really weren't any kids at our showing (we went to the 8:30 show). Growing up, my parents wouldn't have hesitated to take me to the show at age 10, but I know everyone's standards are different.

One person said that a male member of the cast is in his underwear for one of the scenes.

What used to be R back in the 80's would be on prime time TV now.

Its a personal choice and I think NCL wants to protect themselves from angry parents. Since its clearly not a show about Disney Princesses.

I saw in a recent Freestyle Daily where it's for ages 16 and older. I doubt if my 13 year old son would be bothered or have his adulthood ruined if he went to see it. However, since it's not merely a reenactment of Ferris Bueller, he's not interested.

I agree with the posts above. We went to the 5:30 show and saw only 2 girls about 14-16 at that show. The daily did say 16 and over. We enjoyed the show but $35 seemed a little steep since the food was marginal IMHO. Personally liked Million $ Quartet better. I wonder how this will play in the main theater since many families bring their young children to the shows.

I am sailing on the Escape on March 19th. I know the show schedule has changed where starting with the April 9th sailing, the show will not be a dinner show but in the main theatre. For my sailing it is still part of a dinner show.

My question is this, at least at some point I saw that the show was rated PG14, or something along those lines. I don’t see that disclaimer on the NCL website any longer. Does anyone know if the show itself has changed? Growing up in this era I think this would be a show I would really like, but was hesitant to bring my 10 year old due to the “rating”.

Has anyone seen the show, particularly those with younger children, which might be able to shed some light as to what might not be appropriate for younger children? Also, does anyone know if they changed the format to make it “PG-Everyone” in light of it changing to the larger theatre?

I am on the same sailing... We are taking our 12 year old and I never even thought that it might not be appropriate. Now I am wondering.... Thank you for posting this question!!!! I know I can't wait to see it, but might cancel for my son :)