Haven Forward Facing Penthouse

Suze10860

I just got off the Breakaway this morning. Our forward facing suite was on deck 11, and Haven.

Tons of storage space, two closets, and a huge bathroom. Separate bedroom with nice large window facing forward. Balcony was very small but still adequate. It is on the side, so not extra windy.

While at sea, there was quite a bit of movement and occasionally some noise from the waves, but nothing horrible. There were no privacy issues.

We had no problems getting to the Haven area but it is a long walk.

We saw our butler several times a day so being on deck 11 forward was not an issue there. We loved this location and would book it again!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone add their perspective of the FF penthouses on the Escape? We are booked in 11706, and I would love to see pics and hear opinions, especially if there is something unusual about the cabin we would want to avoid. Thanks.

• 7 years later...

Has anyone ever been in this cabin type on Encore (or any Breakaway/B+ ship) and taken the adjoining balcony cabin that is attached to the living room area? If so, how was that experience? Thanks!!

Just now, Wayward Son said:

Helluva bump. I believe they are much the same, but keep in mind the attached balcony cabins are not Haven, will not have Haven access.

Hah! At least I searched first 🙂. Wondering how the butler service would work if everyone was in the "same" cabin. Haven complex wise, I get it. Wish they offered a package allowing entrance and perks if *attached* to a Haven cabin.

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Hah! At least I searched first 🙂. Wondering how the butler service would work if everyone was in the "same" cabin. Haven complex wise, I get it. Wish they offered a package allowing entrance and perks if *attached* to a Haven cabin.

Sadly, that room is not really big enough for more than four people, because, most of the sf is utilized in the Master BR and bath!  Also, the balcony is not very large, therefore, truly not good for al fresco gathering.

Just now, ggTexasGal said:

Sadly, that room is not really big enough for more than four people, because, most of the sf is utilized in the Master BR and bath!  Also, the balcony is not very large, therefore, truly not good for al fresco gathering.

Hi! We were thinking of taking the adjoining cabin on the other side of the living room to make it a 2BR. 

10 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Hi! We were thinking of taking the adjoining cabin on the other side of the living room to make it a 2BR. 

Price wise, how does Haven + connecting balcony compare to 2BR Haven Villa that's in the complex for your cruise?

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

Price wise, how does Haven + connecting balcony compare to 2BR Haven Villa that's in the complex for your cruise?

It’s thousands less with a proper bedroom vs the small one in the 2BR. Only Viva and Prima have nicely sized 2+ BRs from what I can see. 

4 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

It’s thousands less with a proper bedroom vs the small one in the 2BR. Only Viva and Prima have nicely sized 2+ BRs from what I can see. 

How many people will be in total?

Is getting 2 of the HI staterooms a possibility?  It would be outside of the Haven complex but everyone would get everything "Haven". It is a long walk, though.

Just now, Two Wheels Only said:

How many people will be in total?

Is getting 2 of the HI staterooms a possibility?  It would be outside of the Haven complex but everyone would get everything "Haven". It is a long walk, though.

We are a total of 4. Trying to form a real 2-BR suite. Configuration wise, it works and we can all get Vibe, but wasn’t sure about butler, etc. 

I wouldn’t do it.  The two in the non-Haven balcony won’t be able to experience any of the Haven perks, especially the Haven restaurant, bar, lounge, sun deck….  If you want to spend time together with them, you would be giving up a lot of what you’re paying for.  Why not just book 2 adjoining non-Haven concierge cabins, and get Vibe passes?

1 minute ago, PatJim said:

I wouldn’t do it.  The two in the non-Haven balcony won’t be able to experience any of the Haven perks, especially the Haven restaurant, bar, lounge, sun deck….  If you want to spend time together with them, you would be giving up a lot of what you’re paying for.  Why not just book 2 adjoining non-Haven concierge cabins, and get Vibe passes?

Hi! Thanks for your input. I think we agree with you to avoid this. Unlike Prima and Viva, there are no non-Haven suites on Encore (or any of the Breakaway+ class), so nothing with a Butler/concierge. We do have Vibe, though, so that'll get us thru our days (that and the Market Fresh cocktails!)

15 minutes ago, sjacobs11 said:

Unlike Prima and Viva, there are no non-Haven suites on Encore (or any of the Breakaway+ class), so nothing with a Butler/concierge.

Joy has non-Haven suites but Joy's suites (SP, SC) have more restrictions than the other non-Haven suites on NCL. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 3:51 PM, sjacobs11 said:

The Prima and Viva 2nd BR actually has a bed. Versus the BA and Epic where you get a sofa and Pullman. 

• Like 1