Premier Inn Question

We are thinking of staying at a Premier Inn in Southampton pre-cruise as well as London post-cruise.

I know there is not a room safe but does anyone know if there is a safe at the front desk where I can leave my iPad, etc.

I live in the US so it is difficult to find the answer.

Thank you

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I trawled through the Tripadvisor reviews and it seems not. One person persuaded the reception staff to lock her laptop in the office but that became a problem with different staff in the morning.

In general, thefts from hotel rooms are quite rare. Staff would not consider losing their job, facing a prison sentence, and possible deportation, for a bit of petty pilfering. Clearly it would make sense to leave any expensive gadgets out of sight.

If you are concerned, just lock your valuables in a suitcase.

Thanx for the info - you really went beyond when you trawled TA - I read some reviews but I did not trawl - I will look thru Amazon and see if I can find sone kind if travel safe

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Gee- we've stayed at the West Quay Premier Inn twice (2012 and 2013) and will be staying there again before a cruise and never had a problem. We have a netbook plus an older cell phone and of course our passports. We put them out of sight in our luggage and make sure our room door is locked. Never worried about them being stolen. The person cleaning the room would be the first accused and would certainly loose their job plus not get a good recommendation for another. I won't worry :D.

<<<Karen>>>

In the hundreds of hotels I have stayed in throughout the world I have never lost anything from a hotel room. I have stayed in various Premier Inn hotels, including the Southampton one and never even thought twice about a safe.

As has already been said, hotel staff would be the first to be suspected, so are probably the least likely to steal from a room.

I am curious about the idea of a "travel safe". Isn't that an oxymoron?

Do laptops still come with a slot for a security cable? The idea was that you wrapped it round something tough like the bed frame and secured the machine that way. I remember seeing jokes about people who wrapped it round a table leg or something.

Edited by Bob++

We've stayed at West Quay Premier Inn a few times, as well as about four or five other Premier Inn's throughout the U.K and never worried about anything being stolen.

We keep our passports and our laptop/tablet out of site in the room.