Operation hours of Flow Rider and climbing wall?

Will be on the Independence this summer and was wondering if they actually operate the Flow Rider and Climbing wall often enough to elevate some of the line ups or should I expect a long wait most of the time? What is the average wait time for these activity's during the summer months?

The Indy, has a single flowrider, and a rock wall. The rock wall will be open enough that you can climb it as many times as you like for me that was like a max of two times in a cruise. The flowrider is open for stand-up in the morning and short board in the afternoon. Obviously, it depends on the port activity, but generally, the first hour in the morning is for advanced Stand-up (* I have been told not all ships have this) which means you can start yourself and don't need assistance to do the flowrider. After the first hour either 8 or 9AM anyone can flowrider. The advanced stand-up has the shorter lines. After the first hour more people show up, usually first time flowriders. This means fewer runs for the people who can surf. If there are 10 people in line you will get about 8 or 9 runs an hour. If there are 30 people you will get 2 or 3.

If it is a warm afternoon, there will be a long line for the boogie board sessions. If it is cool, you will be able to boogie as much as you like.

JC

On Liberty last year the hours were kind of erratic. My tip is to go early on in the cruise. We went out the last afternoon (sea day) and the line was about 60 deep; we didn't stay.

We had one session where they were open for one hour, 12-1, right before getting to St. Maarten at 1:00. By about 12:40 DD and I were the only ones left. We had the entire flowrider to ourselves for 20 minutes, it was awesome!

Surprisingly all the private lessons sold out on our sailing as well. I asked mid-cruise and was told they were 100% booked.

• 11 months later...

I was on Liberty of the Seas 1/22 through 1/29 and used the climbing wall several times. There were usually a few people also using the wall when I was there but sometimes I was the only one. The most people we had in line was on the first sea day during the early session. There were about 12 climbers, but they ran three routes at a time so the waits weren't that long. In fact the day I climbed alone I didn't have enough rest time in between climbs.

On sea days the wall was open 9-11 and 3-6. On days in port they usually had it open 4-7. I didn't notice any earlier times in port days, but then again I was always off the ship in ports.