Grand Turk Cabana

djhsolara

You beat me to it. The higher numbered cabanas seem to be in more direct sunlight from noon onward.

View of Cabana #3 as well as view looking to the right towards the higher numbered cabanas.

Also, Cabana #2 and #6 have ramps up to the cabana so you don't have to go up any steps. Great for people with some mobility issues.

P1020899_zpsrbsa0jvo.jpg

Also worth noting, there are two loungers in front of the cabana (see picture above off to right), that are for your use as part of the cabana rental. And the picture below.

P1020900_zpsdhdqppdi.jpg

P1020898_zpsujbpxol8.jpg

Great pics! I think we would have enjoyed that spot a lot more if we had done the cabana! I found it crowded and noisy in the regular area. We didn't stay long. I'll keep the cabanas in mind if GT is on our itinerary in the future. Thanks. :)

The whole pool area has waiter service. :confused:

We wanted a drink, we saw a waiter standing nearby, asked for our drinks and she went for them. No problem. Fast and easy. :)

I don't understand your objection to people booking cabanas if they enjoy them. It not as though anyone is asking you to pay for their cabana.

It's all about choices and there is no need for anyone to look down their nose at those who wish to spend their GT time in a cabana.

My choice to book is equally as valid as your choice not to, and I would never dream of being scornful of your choice.

It is my opinion and that is equal to everyone else's opinion.

A question was asked and I answered it according to my personal experience.

Not everyone agrees with you, not everyone agrees with me, no one agrees with everyone but I have politely stated my experience.

It is my opinion and that is equal to everyone else's opinion.

A question was asked and I answered it according to my personal experience.

Not everyone agrees with you, not everyone agrees with me, no one agrees with everyone but I have politely stated my experience.

Thank you for that. It was very charitable. :)

Thanks for the great pics. We saw those double loungers when we were there last month but didn't realize they were only for the cabanas.

Do you get to choose which cabana beforehand or when you arrive on the island?

Thanks for the great pics. We saw those double loungers when we were there last month but didn't realize they were only for the cabanas.

We booked ahead of time. A number of the cabanas will be listed in the Shore Excursion Brochure for your cruise. Not all are listed for some reason. Maybe because there was a second ship in port that day.

Yes, it certainly does. They are too happy to get you a drink or whatever you like. I was sitting there chatting to friends on my last cruise for about ten minutes and I was approached within minutes of sitting there.

Actually, the service around the pool was very good. Surprisingly so...... :) We have been to Grand Turk probably 4 or so times and always were treated politely and without long wait.

Yes you can if you book ahead. Shrimpboat's pics show #3 and #2 which are good locations. I do hope you take from this thread that it is lovely to think of doing this for you mother and for yourselves, to enhance your day at Grand Turk. Enjoy!

I appreciate all the information about the cabanas in this thread.

If I ever find myself in Grand Turk again (doubtful, but one never knows), I know exactly what I want---#2 cabana. It's got shade, A/C, and a ramp. Food & drink will be fetched for me. From the pictures it looks fairly close to the pool, too, so even going for a swim looks to be a possibility.

Just need to remember to bring cat treats. :D Perfect.