Is Cheers refundable before sailing?

I purchased the Cheers package for our upcoming cruise. After thinking about how many extra calories I would have to consume per day just to break even, I'm having second thoughts. I know their website says it's not refundable. I wasn't sure if that was once you have started using it or is it refundable if I call customer service before our cruise?

I purchased the Cheers package for our upcoming cruise. After thinking about how many extra calories I would have to consume per day just to break even, I'm having second thoughts. I know their website says it's not refundable. I wasn't sure if that was once you have started using it or is it refundable if I call customer service before our cruise?

Boy are you in big trouble if you're concerned about the calories in the alcohol you drink! You're going to get on a cruise ship and be faced with fattening food and desserts 24 hours a day! Least of your calorie worries is your alcohol intake!!!

Boy are you in big trouble if you're concerned about the calories in the alcohol you drink! You're going to get on a cruise ship and be faced with fattening food and desserts 24 hours a day! Least of your calorie worries is your alcohol intake!!!

That's why it's such a problem. We have never bought the Cheers package before, yet I always gain 10-15 lbs when we cruise. I can't imagine how much I would gain adding all the extra calories from drinking on top of the poor food choices and lack of exercise.

But that doesn't really mean non-refundable, does it?

What else would it mean?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think it means it's not refundable once you start using it. In other words, you can't get a refund on day 3 of the cruise. I see no reason why you can't get a refund before you start using it.

I see no reason why you can't get a refund before you start using it.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because it says it is non-refundable?

Although I agree it probably means that you can't bail on Cheers once on board, the rule says, in clear and unambiguous language, that it is non-refundable.

To put it another way, I'd call and ask -- nicely -- about a refund, but would not be surprised if I were told "no can do, Cheers! is no -refundable." I'd then escalate and explain you are "cancelling" before boarding, and that fun shops purchases can be changed or cancelled before embarkation.

Edited by kbanowsky

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps because it says it is non-refundable?

Although I agree it probably means that you can't bail on Cheers once on board, the rule says, in clear and unambiguous language, that it is non-refundable.

To put it another way, I'd call and ask -- nicely -- about a refund, but would not be surprised if I were told "no can do, Cheers! is no -refundable." I'd then escalate and explain you are "cancelling" before boarding, and that fun shops purchases can be changed or cancelled before embarkation.

It seems to me you answered your own statement with the same common sense I was using. I'm fairly sure it states non-refundable so no one would try and get a refund saying they really didn't like it on Day 6 of a 7 day cruise.

It seems to me you answered your own statement with the same common sense I was using. I'm fairly sure it states non-refundable so no one would try and get a refund saying they really didn't like it on Day 6 of a 7 day cruise.

Wasn't anything I needed answered. Just pointing out that the rule says what the rule says and it "non-refundable"

I don't understand why the OP wouldn't call Carnival and try to cancel rather then ask on here and get 18 posts where nobody really knows the answer and is just guessing.

People ask questions on here all of the time that they can call Carnival and ask directly. Half the time, the reps are wrong. Maybe the OP was hoping for some personal experience - like maybe someone decided to cancel it after buying online pre-cruise like she wants to do. In which case there is no reason why Carnival shouldn't refund it. Everyone can read what the policy says, but there are probably some reasonable exceptions. Like no refund after a day or two into it. Or yes a full refund if you don't use it at all and cancel BEFORE the trip.

People ask questions on here all of the time that they can call Carnival and ask directly. Half the time, the reps are wrong. Maybe the OP was hoping for some personal experience - like maybe someone decided to cancel it after buying online pre-cruise like she wants to do. In which case there is no reason why Carnival shouldn't refund it. Everyone can read what the policy says, but there are probably some reasonable exceptions. Like no refund after a day or two into it. Or yes a full refund if you don't use it at all and cancel BEFORE the trip.

The op sounded like they wanted to cancel the package. Nothing to do with the reps. Call and try and cancel they will either tell them it can't be cancelled or were canceling it. Simple would take less time then asking on here and getting the wrong answer after reading 25 posts.

I called Carnival and the customer service rep didn't ask any questions, just said she would be happy to help me with that. I gave her our names and booking number and she said it was refunded. My husband doesn't seem to happy about it. He seems to think after 3 glasses of wine per day we would break even because if we don't have cheers we will by bottomless bubbles. Does Carnival offer any wines by the glass over $10-$11 or so. I don't recall seeing any. We do enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner.

I called Carnival and the customer service rep didn't ask any questions, just said she would be happy to help me with that. I gave her our names and booking number and she said it was refunded. My husband doesn't seem to happy about it. He seems to think after 3 glasses of wine per day we would break even because if we don't have cheers we will by bottomless bubbles. Does Carnival offer any wines by the glass over $10-$11 or so. I don't recall seeing any. We do enjoy a glass or two of wine with dinner.

Don't forget, you can take 1 bottle of wine (750ml) per person age 21 and older on the cruise. That will cover a few glasses at dinner without paying Carnival's prices.