HOU to Galveston - Carnival

CRG7

Have a group of 8 or 9 (5-6 adults and 3 children) traveling from HOU to Galveston (and vice versa). RT transfers through Carnival would be $74/pp. I see a lot of mention of Galveston Express but mixed reviews (~ $50/pp RT).

Our flight lands at 10:30 AM on the day of cruising and departs at 6:30 PM on the day of debarkation. Any suggested transportation is appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...

if you scroll down and read some of the threads your question is answered dozens of times. this is probably one of the most asked (and answered) questions in this section of the message board.

Edited by TruckerDave

We booked Galveston Express for a trip from Galveston to Hobby last Sunday. We had a 9:45AM booking. We got off the ship a bit earlier and the porter at the dock took our luggage and saw a couple of Galveston Express shuttles at the dock so he took our stuff over there. Both were a 9:00 departure but one of the vans had some room so we were able to board that shuttle.

We did get a call later from, GA asking about our 9:45 shuttle and we told them we were already on a shuttle, an earlier one, and that was that.

Except for a very unnerving event that happened on our ride to Hobby which was not fault of GA, it was almost tragic. On the way to Hobby, a temporary reflector in the road got shot right thru the windshield of our van striking the woman sitting in the passenger seat in the head. We had to pull off, get an ambulance and then wait for another shuttle. The woman was lucky as it struck her head right above her eye. Could have been a lot worse. The entire windshield was shattered with a hole where the reflector tore thru it.

GA was professional the entire time, kept us informed as to what was going on and the driver of our shuttle was visably upset but was professional the entire time.

I have nothing negative to say about Galveston Express and I would, most definitively, ride with them again.

Cheers

Len

We ended up using Carnival to the port and then taxis from the port to the airport after disembarkation. Carnival had us wait in the airport for a while then we boarded the shuttle and waited a bit before leaving. It wasn't terrible but did seem like a lot of time was wasted just waiting around.

We have Galveston Express booked for our upcoming June cruise. We are a party of 9, and the rate quoted was $600. That may seem like a lot, but that includes pickup at Hobby on Friday with drop off at a rental house in Galveston, pickup at rental house and drop off at port on Sunday, and pickup from port post cruise and return to Hobby. Works out to a little over $66 per person total, which seemed like a good deal to me.

We have Galveston Express booked for our upcoming June cruise. We are a party of 9, and the rate quoted was $600. That may seem like a lot, but that includes pickup at Hobby on Friday with drop off at a rental house in Galveston, pickup at rental house and drop off at port on Sunday, and pickup from port post cruise and return to Hobby. Works out to a little over $66 per person total, which seemed like a good deal to me.

I agree, not a bad price considering the number of trips and size of your party.

We used a company called Executive Transportation a few years ago, and they charged us $300 total for a party of 9. However, ours was only two trips, hotel next to HOU to the cruise port, and cruise port to HOU.