Belize tendering question

JABrown104

Hi,

Its been years since my last and only cruise, and i dont remember how tendering works. Is there a way to guarantee an early tender off the ship, besides FTTF?

We are in Belize from 8-5. Does this mean that first tender off will be at 8am? And i know we need to be back with plenty of time, for a tender port what time do you recommend being back at the port by? 4? 330?

Thanks for helping the newbie out!

The first tender will be whenever they clear the ship, usually shortly after the arrival time. If you want an early tender, then you need to get up early and make sure you get a tender ticket early.

Carnival will tell you when the last tender departs for the ship. Just make sure you are on that tender at the latest.

Edited by jh2360

when we were in Belize last month with a 5pm sailaway, our last tender was 4:15. It will be listed on your fun times, as well as signs as you leave the ship for the tender and at the tender dock.

When we were in Belize in 2014, "last tender" was scheduled for 4:00. Apparently most of the passengers decided to take the "last tender" - we were there at 3:30 and the tender line snaked around the port area. Some folks left the line and went to one of the bars to wait.:p

Both times we've visited Belize we've taken excursions that are scheduled to return at least a half hour before last tender. The 2014 excursion was a Carnival tour, so I wasn't worried about the timing - but when we did an independent tour we planned one that would be back in plenty of time.

One thing I learned from Belize tenders is to get on a tender when the tenders are still busy. If you wait until most everyone already got off, you end up waiting a long time on that tender. They want to wait for it to fill up to a certain capacity before they head over to the coast. We waited 10-15 minutes, realized we forgot something, went to get it and hurried back in another 10 minutes, and it was another 15 before we finally left. It was not much fun with the bobbing you do in that water while idling.

Does anyone know what time they start giving out tender tickerts (for the AM)? And where do they give them out? or is that info in the fun times?

Fun times. You'll know the night before.

For Belize in particular, the best way to guarantee an early tender is to book a Carnival based excursion. It's not unusual that they get priority over people who are doing their own thing. People doing their own thing, without FTTF or platinum, could get told that they have to wait a couple hours. The tender ride at Belize is extremely long, nothing like the 5-minute ride at Grand Cayman, where anyone can basically get on an early tender.

My one time at Belize, we had to check in down in the theater, and based on the Carnival excursion we had booked, they gave us the appropriate tender ticket. I don't know if they tried to squeeze in any people without a Carnival excursion (and not FTTF/platinum), or if they all just had to wait a couple hours. But if any of them did get on those earlier tenders, it wasn't a huge amount.

If I remember Belize right, they do make those without Carnival excursions wait a couple of hours. We also had a Carnival excursion here, so I don't know if they did give out tickets to non-excursion holders for the same time slots or not.

Tendering in Belize is a very slow, time consuming process.

If I remember Belize right, they do make those without Carnival excursions wait a couple of hours. We also had a Carnival excursion here, so I don't know if they did give out tickets to non-excursion holders for the same time slots or not.

Belize tendering can be a beast if you are in a hurry. I understand it's 4 to 5 miles to travel on a tender boat, so it's a slow process.

Wrongo. They give out tender stickers on a first come, first served basis. Nobody makes you stay on the ship because you didn't book a Carnival Excursion.

Wrongo. They give out tender stickers on a first come, first served basis. Nobody makes you stay on the ship because you didn't book a Carnival Excursion.

Getting a ticket isn't the problem, but getting into Belize depends on how many tenders are in service. Remember how long it takes to get to shore and the tender to come back? I was on Dream, and it took a while, but I was in no hurry.

Getting a ticket isn't the problem, but getting into Belize depends on how many tenders are in service. Remember how long it takes to get to shore and the tender to come back? I was on Dream, and it took a while, but I was in no hurry.

Tender travel time has nothing to do with the post I responded to.

Edited by jh2360

We were in Belize in August. We booked a private excursion though an outside company, so we wanted to get off as soon as possible. We went to the lounge early (I can't remember the time, but probably 30-60 minutes before our official arrival time). We were given a ticket for the first tender boat and were on land by 8:30. In fact, there were a lot of people who made it onto the first tender who didn't come nearly as early as we did. I was under the impression that there was going to be this mad rush for a tender not having booked through carnival, but really it was easy peasy.

Just returned on the Glory with a stop in Belize. It was at least two hours for the tenders to run Carnival excursions holders and those with Priority. Non Carnival excursions holders were not given early tender tickets. They were given tender tickets after the Carnival excursions.

Just returned on the Glory with a stop in Belize. It was at least two hours for the tenders to run Carnival excursions holders and those with Priority. Non Carnival excursions holders were not given early tender tickets. They were given tender tickets after the Carnival excursions.

We must have been on different cruises. They were handing out stickers, not tickets. And people weren't being asked if they had a Carnival excursion or not. Carnival excursions/priority did not need the stickers. They had a seperate meeting area and were walked down to a seperate tender. I saw plenty of people who weren't on Carnival excursions/priority get off the ship early.

I just got off the Glory, and we were in Belize last Wednesday.

We had a Carnival booked Excursion, and everyone with a Carnival excursion was put onto the first tender.

However, I recall seeing two tender boats. The Excursion Boat was right under the Amber Palace Theater. A second tender boat was loading farther back. I'm guessing that the 2nd tender boat was taking priority and other non-excursion passengers.

I'm guessing that each boat could hold 200+ people.

Edited by richmke