UBER- Paris

CaroleLee

I know Bruce and Keith fancy themselves the traffic directors here, but really, there is more chance of a person with knowledge of a question like that reading this forum than looking under France Ports. Very few people who aren't actually cruising to France are going to read that section, whereas a widely read forum like this is more likely to have someone read it that would have been in France for any number of reasons and might have something useful to offer.

I know Bruce and Keith fancy themselves the traffic directors here, but really, there is more chance of a person with knowledge of a question like that reading this forum than looking under France Ports. Very few people who aren't actually cruising to France are going to read that section, whereas a widely read forum like this is more likely to have someone read it that would have been in France for any number of reasons and might have something useful to offer.

I agree.

I don't know what the big push is to send people off to other forums when there is not a very active group at the other forum that can answer. I don't know the answer to OP's question but think there is a better chance here someone will be able to help. Give it a little time for some of those who have been to France lately can see the question and offer assistance.

The first reason would be that there is frequently locals on those specialized boards with local knowledge and expertise. And there have been some very good Uber discussions on, for example, the Hawaii and Italy boards. So, there is this concept of consistency.

But I guess we should just shut down those other useless boards and super clutter this one with everybody's questions, probably a thousand or more questions a day. That will make it easy to use, right?

Edited by CruiserBruce

The first reason would be that there is frequently locals on those specialized boards with local knowledge and expertise. And there have been some very good Uber discussions on, for example, the Hawaii and Italy boards. So, there is this concept of consistency.

But I guess we should just shut down those other useless boards and super clutter this one with everybody's questions, probably a thousand or more questions a day. That will make it easy to use, right?

Thx but my first search was on the France board. Again has anyone recently used UBER or does anyone have an actual contact for UBER their site is not question friendly

No one said shut them down but we all know there are some forums that don't get one visit in a day or even a week. Is someone with a question not supposed to seek info elsewhere?

By pass the message/question if it bothers you, IMO

If you know the answer, you may wish to provide it.

It's just annoying, that's all. For years, you and especially Keith have acted like traffic cops around here. If you want to be a moderator, ask for the title and then you can move the threads yourself. The title of this forum is Ask a Cruise Question and then when someone does, you say go ask it somewhere else.

The title of this forum is Ask a Cruise Question and then when someone does, you say go ask it somewhere else.

You might note after it says "Ask a Cruise Question" it says "Post your general cruise questions here". Please explain to me how a Uber question is a "general cruise question".

It occurs to me that if a poster looks on the board more directly related to their cruise or interest, such as a specific cruise line board, they might find a ton more info that will interest them, and help them towards whatever goal they have. The "if you give someone a fish, it will feed them for the day, but if you teach them to fish, they will feed themselves for the rest of their lives" school of thought.

Edited by CruiserBruce