Is "riviera" deck the bottom floor on Carnival Ecstasy?

Girlsmom

from deck plans it looks like Riviera is the bottom floor of rooms, is that right? and I read I am supposed to get the bottom floor (mid ship) to minimize sea sickness --is that correct?

Low and mid is best for avoiding sea sickness. And yes, Riviera deck is the lowest deck for passengers.:D

Make sure you know and understand the configuration of the room you are booking.

I have seen first time cruisers, trying to save money booking the lowest catagory of room they can and wind up with bunkbeds!!!

If you are unsure ask at time of booking!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

Make sure you know and understand the configuration of the room you are booking.

I have seen first time cruisers, trying to save money booking the lowest catagory of room they can and wind up with bunkbeds!!!

If you are unsure ask at time of booking!!

Enjoy your cruise!!!

I a not familiar with the Carnival cabins, but I would have thought they offer the choice of the twin singles or the queen like other cruise lines.:D

Girlsmom- I notice you posted a lot of questions about the Ecstacy- this is a Fantasy class ship, so any time you read or mention Fantasy class Carnival, the answer will pretty much be the same.

There are elevators in the front (bow)of the ship, the middle of the ship and the rear (aft) of the ship. The front and back (bow and aft) elevators go to the lido deck, the one in the bow goes to the spa, the highest level you can reach. To go any further up, you need to use the stairs.

You don't want to book too close to an elevator, people do make noise, but center with a window should do you fine if you are worried about getting sea sick.

You can check out the floor (deck) plans on the Cruise critic site, or by going to the Carnival web site, and explore. I would suggest you do this before you book the cruise. How do you know you get sea sick? Do you get car sick? Train sick, plane sick? Some people take to the sea and the motion quite easily.

Also ask your self, what is or are the important things for you to do once on board. IF you think the kids will want to b e at the pool or playing ping pong, or miniature golf, then closer to the front is better. If being near the lido restaurant is more important, then aft would be better. Do you want to be closer to the action? Then shell out a few more shells and stay center on the Empress. Especially if you don't want to be waiting for an elevator (but you are under the restaurant and the galley (kitchen)

If quiet is more important than Riviera or Main is fine. I have cruised on the Verandah deck, and the Riviera deck, and I prefer the Riviera. I have cruises, bow, center and aft, and I prefer bow.

Welcome to CC, I hope you get the answers that you need, and I hope you have a great cruise!

I a not familiar with the Carnival cabins, but I would have thought they offer the choice of the twin singles or the queen like other cruise lines.:D

I believe the catagory is a 1A......and yes they are very small and have bunk beds. There have been threads here on the boards especially from 1st timers, who in trying to save money, booked the lowest catagory & wound up surprised!!:eek:

I don't know about the other cruiselines but since the OP is sailing Carnival I felt it was worth mentioning.....

Edited by GTO-Girl